Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 26, 2016 at 4:21 pm #1144820

massimoS-6

I am using wp-rentals, i just saw that when a user try to edit an existing listing, the first page of the edit listing wont save. It is related to wpml

line 40 from file \wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\inc\post-translation\wpml-post-translation.class.php

add_action ( 'save_post', array( $this, 'save_post_actions' ), 100, 2 );

if this line is commented out everything work fine for editing the listing in front end .. but i dont know what its going to affect in backend

When editing a listing as admin the page does save.. It doesnt save for subscriber or contributor..

I need to fix that fast please.. I also transmitted the information to wp-rentals support

Thank you

URL of (my) website where problem appears:Www.411chalet.com

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

November 28, 2016 at 11:41 am #1145437

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

Please check if you are using the latest version of the theme (1.17). If not, please update it and let me know if the issue persists (remember to backup your site before updating)

If the theme is updated, can you please do the following test:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

If it still persists, is it possible for you to share a copy of the theme, so I can try it locally and investigate further?

I'll set next reply as private, so you can share a download link safely.

Once the issue is solved I'll delete the files.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 29, 2016 at 7:01 pm #1146910

Bruno

Otto assigned your ticket to me. I hope this is ok. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you. Please, could you create a complete backup of your site from your hosting panel ( if this option exists ) so that we can download your site and test it in our testing environment? This will help us to verify the problem.

Once you have created the backup file (files + database), you can send the link for us to download.

Thank you.

November 30, 2016 at 12:26 pm #1147549

massimoS-6

Hi Bruno,

I created a backup in the main folder, I can send you FTP access via a private reply and you can download it. I already sent a copy of the DB but I can send you another one.

November 30, 2016 at 2:17 pm #1147709

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. We did not receive the copy of the database. If it's too big, that may have been the problem. You can resubmit. Or if the database file is already included in the backup copy, it will not be necessary.

Your next reply will be private, so you can add the FTP credentials.

Thank you.

December 1, 2016 at 11:56 pm #1149435

Bruno

Thank you. I downloaded the files from your site.

Please, as a test, could you switch to the parent theme (not the child theme), and create a new listing to see if you can edit the property?

This looks like the problem is in your child-theme and the option to duplicate the property automatically.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with wp-rental’ is closed to new replies.