This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 33 voices.

Last updated by Amir 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
February 15, 2014 at 7:03 am #340542

Amir
Supporter

There is a problem that started on the last release, which causes translations to be lost. If you are using WPML 3.1.3, please don't edit content over the weekend. We will do our best to fix this problem during the weekend. At the latest, it will be fixed on Monday morning.

If you are using a previous version, don't update yet.

We've removed WPML 3.1.3 from the downloads page and will bring it back up as soon as this problem is fixed.

February 15, 2014 at 9:12 am #340571

Olivier

Hi
after last update to 3.1.2 all our menu are now only in the main language !
is it the same problem ?

(www.mailcleaner.net)
Thanks for your reply

February 15, 2014 at 8:57 pm #340748

Amir
Supporter

I'm not sure that it's the same thing. I suggest to freeze edits in the site until Monday, when we'll sort out all these issues.

This thread is about problems in the post-edit, disconnecting translations. We've identified and fixed this in our development version. We really want to identify and fix anything else. If you have a problem with menus, please start a new thread, tell us how your menu is built, upload screenshots of the WP admin, so that we can see exactly and tell us what you're seeing in the front-end.

We'll be all over these issues on Monday morning and I want to make sure that we have complete description for any other problem that needs fixing. I feel really bad about releasing this version with several bugs. We're checking how this happened, but right now, we are focusing on understanding what's wrong and fixing it ASAP.

February 16, 2014 at 10:36 am #340846

Jörg

I couldn't log in anymore after updating to 3.1.3. I had to rename the plugin-folder and install older version. Just to let you know.

February 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm #340901

Floris

I had other problems too: theme settings were not saving, I had error messages on front side, and so on. Downgrading wpml fixed all problems.

February 16, 2014 at 1:47 pm #340906

Oscar

Yep, I too had to downgrade to 3.0.2 for my site to behave normally as it used to.

February 16, 2014 at 5:51 pm #340962

olafJ-2

This is not a new issue, as you can see here!
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/loosing-connection-to-translation-again-and-again/
I had it since month, and now again.

The support doesn't answer any more at some point!!!

I recently lost 21 product translations!
A view days ago, after Woocommerce and WPML update, I did all new in hope it is solved, but It isn't! I just now found the first lost connection...
Is there no solution? If, why don't you simply say? I need my shop working proper. I spend a lot of time for translation and adding more and more products.

February 16, 2014 at 5:56 pm #340967

Amir
Supporter

Olaf, you are right. This problem shouldn't have happened and our analysis of it wasn't correct. We had to pull back the new 3.1.x release due to problems that also shouldn't have slipped in.

All our developers are working only on this release. We're almost there and should have (finally) a solid update on Monday / Tuesday.

February 17, 2014 at 2:40 am #341037

Richard

Please fix ASAP. I'm experiencing this problem as well.

Last week, I got an email regarding what was fixed in the latest release (3.1.x) and one of the bugs claimed to be fixed was an issue with translations losing connections. Since I was suspicious of this, I went to my DB and ran a series of queries, and found 170 posts which had lost their connections to their original post. It took me 2 days to fix all of these by manually updating the translations table after finding all their original post ids (not fun).

Today I found a new post with no connections and after some testing quickly realized that all connections are broken when a user creates a new post...This critical function doesn't work at all...

Eagerly awaiting this fix again.

Thanks,
Rich

February 17, 2014 at 11:39 am #341315

Aries Graphics nv

We have the same issue with version 3.1.2

February 17, 2014 at 1:06 pm #341423

olafJ-2

Your plugin keep me busy...
Placemarks plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/basic-google-maps-placemarks/) suddenly didn't shown the translation box. I activated (and I regret this really) "make placemarks translatable" and now I have left 1 english and 2 german (one twice) placemarks, all other placemarks are not visible at the backend. But on the frontend all the other are still visible.
Will this solved with the update tomorrow too?

February 17, 2014 at 1:10 pm #341428

Amir
Supporter

That's unrelated. You can go to WPML->Support->Troubleshooting and 'Set language information'. This will add language information to elements that don't have a language.

As always, before doing this sort of mass DB updates, I recommend to back up your database.

Tomorrow we'll be ready with a very clean version, but it will not change the situation that you have now with these posts. The toubleshooting action will add the language information where it's missing.

February 17, 2014 at 1:48 pm #341494

olafJ-2

It seems you misunderstood me: I had Placemarks already installed and had several placemarks including translation working, till I did the update!
Just after the update the translation box wasn't there and I REactivated it, and NOW the placemarks are not visible in the backend, BUT in the frontend.
Before the update all with placemarks worked fine, include your translation plugin...

February 17, 2014 at 3:34 pm #341618

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi Olaf

my name is Konrad and Amir asked me to check your issue with this Basic Google Maps Placemarks plugin. I installed it and You have right, but also Amir has it 🙂

What I did:
1. created few placemarks
2. go to WPML > Translation Management > Mult. content setup and and set that placemarks should be translated

After that when i go to Dashboard > Placemarks > All placemarks list is empty. You had right.

But as Amir suggested setting language solves this problem.

Please go to Dashboard > WPML > Support and click on link to "Troubleshooting" page. There you will find button "Set language information" and click it (but also as Amir suggested create database backup first). After that you will see again Placemarks.

Btw. I suggest to eventualy turn of translation of Placemarks as it doesn't work as you might expect. Yes, translation of placemarks is possible but I see that all placemarks are visible at every maps (ie, English map will show English placemarks but also German, French or any other language). I suggest to create separate maps with separate categories of placemarks as described here (in advanced section) http://wordpress.org/plugins/basic-google-maps-placemarks/installation/ and set diffrent map for diffrent language.

February 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm #341720

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Dear users,

We have released a beta version for WPML 3.1.4. This version includes fixes for everything that was reported for the problematic WPML 3.1 release.

You can get it from your WPML account. Go to Downloads, scroll to the bottom and you will see the beta package. Right now, it's 3.1.4-b1.

This ZIP includes several ZIP files of the individual WPML components. First, unzip it locally, get the parts that you need and upload them.

The safest way to update the plugins is to:
1. Deactivate (don't worry, your content doesn't change)
2. Delete the folders with the older versions
3. Upload the new versions
4. Activate

Please let us know if this version solves the problem. If anything remains, we want to know about it and we will handle it as fast as possible.

We are sorry for the trouble that this had caused you and appreciate your help verifying that the problem is handled.

Best regards,
David

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WPML 3.1.3 and lost translation connections’ is closed to new replies.