This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 33 voices.

Last updated by Amir 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
February 17, 2014 at 4:46 pm #341736

olafJ-2

Thanks Konrad,
you are right, placemarks are visible again, but they do not have their connection to their translation! You are wrong, before I did the update a clean translation was possible! I still have the pages open from before I did that what I described above, just have a look here, English
hidden link
and here German
hidden link

As you can see, each placemark is just one time on each translation page! So the problem came with your update, or rather after I activated "make placemarks translatable" after the update...

February 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm #341742

olafJ-2

Edit: on first screenshot the duplicated address is after I REactivated the translation. From there it is twice.

February 17, 2014 at 5:34 pm #341778

Mathias

I do have a problem with WPML 3.1.2 and now slowly losing translation connections. It is really dramatic!
Does this beta also work for
WPML Multilingual CMS Version 3.1.2,
WPML String Translation Version 2.0.2.1

February 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm #341854

Olivier

Hi David

we upgrade to your beta

Sorry for us it does not solve our menu problem !

We still have the menu only in English (main language) for all the pages (including foreign languages French and german)

Waiting urgent help about this point

Best regards
Olivier

February 17, 2014 at 8:05 pm #341862

Mathias

This update even further @&)R*)(E-ed my site. Hmmm.... I don't know what to do anymore.

February 17, 2014 at 9:32 pm #341924

Philippe

Hi,

I just did the upgrade to the beta version and I still have the same problem.

The sites is OK and all the menus (top and footer) translate OK but the main menu is stock in French and will not translate in English! I have checked in the Menu settings and the settings for the main menu are OK. Main Menu EN has Main Menu FR as it's "Translation of:" setting.

My client already had a complain email about the fact that the site is not working properly in English. Everything looks OK except for the Main menu so I guess the complain is justifiable.

Please fix this a.s.a.p.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Philippe

February 17, 2014 at 9:52 pm #341936

Mathias

Hi,

I restored my backup to 3.1.2. The site only worked in English after the beta update and the other languages (separate TLD's) redirected to the English version. Strange behaviour.

But still experiencing lost translation connections at everything being touched, so I keep it the way it is right now. I also 'lost' 2 products (ES and FR) in this release. They are visible in the backoffice, but de SKU's are empty (not synced) and therefore don't show on the corresponding language sites / page (.es and .fr). Other languages still show, but don't dare to touch them afraid of losing them too.

Product 1 – hidden link. It does show, when you know the URL, but it doesn't show up in the shop as a product.
Product 2 – hidden link the same issue, but with an additional issue with regard to variations, see ticket http://wpml.org/forums/topic/subscription-products-with-variations-not-working-properly-anymore/

Please help! Thanks!

February 18, 2014 at 7:33 am #342031

marcosS

my pagination still not working on my translated page. When i click to go to the second page it just refreshes it. The last time i updated the plugin it uploaded a a bunch of images to my media folder.

February 18, 2014 at 8:41 am #342072

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Olaf, could you create separate forum ticket for your issue with map placemarks? Please insert in this ticket link to your last comment (this one http://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-with-wpml-3-1-3-and-lost-translation-connections/page/2/#post-341736 ) and mention about me in your description - if somebody will find your ticket before me, he/she will assign it to me and we will be able to continue solving this problem together without mixing it with another issues 🙂

February 18, 2014 at 8:43 am #342075

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Olivier, in a moment I will contact with you directly using email.

February 18, 2014 at 8:58 am #342085

Frank

Hello,
i think my problem ist related to this topic. The menu of my main language (german) works well. But when I sync the menu for english version all not translated sites are listed as menu items in the english menu.

Please help!

February 18, 2014 at 9:15 am #342095

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Olaf, please forget my ask for creating separate topic for this. 🙂 In a moment I will contact with you directly

February 18, 2014 at 9:46 am #342127

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Phillipe, i sent you email and now we will work on this together 🙂

February 18, 2014 at 11:30 am #342255

Aries Graphics nv

I have installed the 3.1.4-b2 update and the problem with pages and custom post types not being linked seems ok now but there are still some issues.
The site in the default language works fine but I can not view any page in another language, it either shows a 404 page or it redirects to the default language.

Are you guys still working on the update and is this something you are aware of?

February 18, 2014 at 12:35 pm #342307

Bernat Torras

Hi Aries Graphics nv,

I've sent you an email asking you for some feedback but it seems that you're not receiving them (I'm getting delivery notification failures). Could you share a functional email address with us so we can be in touch and fix your problem?

Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WPML 3.1.3 and lost translation connections’ is closed to new replies.