Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 33 voices.

Last updated by Amir 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
February 18, 2014 at 12:41 pm #342315


@aries Graphics nv: I had the same yesterday! I had to revert to a backup or lose orders.

February 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm #342367

Aries Graphics nv

@Bernat Torras: You can contact me at
@william: Is your problem solved now? What was the solution?

February 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm #342479


Hi Konrad,

I just sent you a reply to your email. Your solution works and my site is back to normal.

Thanks you so much 🙂


February 18, 2014 at 3:07 pm #342480


I forgot, if this can help others, here is the solution Konrad gave me.

open file plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php and find line:

function get_term_adjust_id( $term ) {

under //TODO ... is line:

return $term;

It is line 6515 for me and if you comment out the line it will bring your menu back to normal. At least it did for me.

Hope this helps

February 18, 2014 at 3:16 pm #342488

Konrad Karpieszuk

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi Phillipe, as I answered you by email I am happy that it works for you 🙂

Only you and Olivier in this thread had this issue, and you both already got this fix from me. Everybody else can expect that when we will release stable new version of plugin this fix will be also applied (but if someone want to apply it now, he/she can do this of course)

February 18, 2014 at 4:09 pm #342549


I confirm it works fine again for me ...

using DMS and WPML

Thanks a lot Konrad for the great help

February 18, 2014 at 4:18 pm #342563



I upgraded to 3.1.4-b2 but it hasn't resolved anything for me. My English shop is working fine, but in the base language (Dutch) products are not showing:
hidden link
Switching the language on any English product brings up a 404.


February 18, 2014 at 5:08 pm #342595


I've installed the 3.1.4-b2 and this has seemed to fix the issue I was seeing.

My repro steps that use to fail, but now are working:

1. Go To All Posts
2. Select Chinese Simplified as the language
3. Click Add New, to create a new post
4. Type in dummy title and text
5. Scroll down to Language section and under "This is a translation of", select a post that needs a translation.
6. Click Save Draft
7. Scroll down to the Language section. This post is still associated with the source post. Previously this was not the case.


February 18, 2014 at 7:37 pm #342659


Hi everyone.

When I published a post with WPML v.3.1, the wrong Featured Image appeared on my web site's Facebook page. Actually, it was the featured image of another recent post. Why did that happen? It worked perfectly again, with another post, after downgrading WPML 3.1 to 3.0.2-a.

February 18, 2014 at 8:36 pm #342671


I updated to 3.1.4-b2 and cannot edit my secondary language pages. It seems like the connection is lost - the page remains blank and stops loading. This is happening on select pages and not on all pages. Do you have a time frame as to when we can expect to receive the fixed version?

Thanks for you work.

February 18, 2014 at 8:39 pm #342673


Today we closed all remaining issues and we should finally have a new version tomorrow.

Caldwell, are you sure that this is related to WPML? Is this problem happening consistently on the same pages, or jumping from page to page?

Connection lost issues may be due to different problems. Can you access your PHP error log file and see what's in it?

February 18, 2014 at 9:43 pm #342697


Hello there!

I am also experiencing problems after the update, unfortunately I didn't read about all these issues before it was too late.

I don't have seveare issues like many others, the only issues I can see, is connected to the cart and checkout page. All products seem to work in the different languages, but when I hit the cart button or checkout, it redirects to the english pages (wich is the main language). When I change the language in the menu, I get the language switched in the cart page, while the checkout page shows mixed language some english, and some of the language switched to.

Could you please tell me if this is due to the update, and if it will be fixed after the new release tomorrow?

I appreciate your answer and help!

Best regards,


February 18, 2014 at 11:25 pm #342752

Rafael Viana

Hello, I've downloaded beta version of WPML 3.1.4-b2 and this don't solve my problem... please help me, connections between translations still missing

February 19, 2014 at 7:47 am #342850

Aries Graphics nv

Big thanks to Bernat Torras for fixing my problem!
There was a problem switching between languages because the WordPress site was running in a subdirectory.
So if anyone has this problem, ask for the WPML development version 3.1.4-b3 or wait for the next stable release which will come out today according to what Amir said.

February 19, 2014 at 7:57 am #342857

Konrad Karpieszuk

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi Stian and Rafael,

We released another update which should solve these problems. It is in the downloads page, under -b3. The components that have changed are:
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

I just sent you an email asking for direct contact details. I would be very happy to use Skype and go over this with you live. We want to make sure that everything is resolved for you, before we release a final version.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WPML 3.1.3 and lost translation connections’ is closed to new replies.