Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 33 voices.

Last updated by Amir 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
February 19, 2014 at 10:01 am #342957

Rafael Viana

Konrad, I will add you in Skype

February 19, 2014 at 10:14 am #342970

Sumangali

Same problem here with the b3 release.
Base language (Dutch) products are not showing:
hidden link
Switching the language on any English product brings up a 404.

February 19, 2014 at 11:12 am #343049

Mathias

Problems not solved with b3, site is still reverting to the default language site. I use multi-domain in WPML and everything over https.

February 19, 2014 at 5:33 pm #343573

Richard

I would like to add, that any lost connections between translations and their sources will not be fixed by the new versions. The data was corrupted. The fixed versions just stop corrupting your existing posts if you go to edit them, and any new ones going forward.

I was not able to fix my corrupted posts by using the WPML tools. I had to go in manually and fix this in the DB.

For example. When I go to edit a Chinese post that use to be connected to an English post, the UI section that allows you to make the assocation, by picking the English post from the dropdown, was not visible for me. There was no way to associate the post with the source, other than creating a new post from scratch and doing the association there, and then copying in your text to the new post. I did not want to do this, so I had to do a series of DB modifications to fix all this up.

Someone from support, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Rich

February 19, 2014 at 5:36 pm #343576

Amir
Supporter

We're not going to leave anyone hanging. We can help you fix your sites, both using WordPress GUI and using direct DB edits. It's our fault and we want to fix it for you.

If you want us to help, please let me know and we'll get a developer on your site ASAP. He will work with your instructions until everything is back to normal.

February 19, 2014 at 5:49 pm #343593

Mathias

Many thanks to the WPML crew and in specific Andrea Sciamanna. He fixed my problems that were assigned to him.

February 19, 2014 at 9:01 pm #343686

Sandra

I'm sorry but I lost track a bit with the different postings...

So shall I apply the beta4 release and see if it fixes my issues and if not, open a ticket for help? Or wait for the official new release?

Many thanks,
Sandra

February 19, 2014 at 9:34 pm #343692

Annachiara

Hi, I didn't saw this thread... 🙁 it's too late...
So on my website I lost some connections. The main language is italian, and it works fine with it, but by using another language the products on the pages disappear. Can you help me please??

February 20, 2014 at 1:19 am #343762

Sylvie

Hi Amir,
You said that if we needed any help because of the upgrade to 3.1.3, to let you know in this thread...so I'm sorry in advance if I repeat myself or a thread -
I would really need your help as the version 3.1.4.3b did not work well for me. I reverted to 3.0.2 but it seems something is wrong with my WP install as I now have problems that I did not have before the upgrade to 3.1.3.

I had open a tread here: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/since-upgrade-to-3-1-3-problems-with-site/

I would appreciate any help possible. Thanks

February 20, 2014 at 7:32 am #343808

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Sandra, Annachiara, Sylvie: today one of our developers will contact with you by email to help with solving your problems

February 20, 2014 at 8:53 am #343897

marcuss-3

Hello,

I'm running the 3.1.3. version and have problems with lost translations conections. I have not down loaded any beta versions yet as there seemed to be troubles with them as well. As I'm not a "techie", I was kind of hoping to wait this one out, but it is becoming a big problem. If some one could contact me with guidance it would be greatly apprciated.

Kind regards

Marcus

February 20, 2014 at 9:50 am #343964

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marcus, i replied you by email

February 20, 2014 at 10:25 am #344005

Sumangali

Same problem here with the b4 release.
Base language (Dutch) products are not showing:
hidden link
Switching the language on any English product brings up a 404.

February 20, 2014 at 1:50 pm #344201

Thibaut

Hi,

I tried each B release, but the connections between translations are still lost...
Lots of problem here.
For example, in the wordpress admin i have a page showing no translation at all, but on the front end translation are still linked.

Do you think connections are definitely lost or i have chance to connect them again ?

February 20, 2014 at 1:56 pm #344216

Amir
Supporter

Thibaut, previous versions had a bug which caused translation connections to be lost. It's supposed to be fixed in the recent version (beta 4).

Translations who got disconnected need to be re-connected manually. We can help you do that on your site or do it for you (with login details).

The new version should not lose more translation connections.

Are you seeing new connections being lost, or the ones that were disconnected before, remaining disconnected?

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WPML 3.1.3 and lost translation connections’ is closed to new replies.