Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 33 voices.

Last updated by Amir 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
February 20, 2014 at 2:03 pm #344232

Thibaut

The ones that were disconnected before, remain disconnected.
I didn't change any content after i discovered the bug.

I would be happy that you help me solve that, i'm good in dev so you can point me in the right direction.
But if it's more easy for you i can provide login details by email.

February 20, 2014 at 2:13 pm #344250

Sandra

@amir
"...Translations who got disconnected need to be re-connected manually. We can help you do that on your site ..."

Would you mind posting a short tutorial here on how to re-connect the posts manually?

I have applied the b4 version and new posts look okay again - thanks for that!! But as you said, the older ones need re-connecting.

Many thanks and best regards
Sandra

February 20, 2014 at 7:19 pm #344522

Radoslaw

Do you have an estimate when final version is going to be available?

I have the same problem as other users above, but if it is matter of just a couple of days, I don't mind waiting for "one-click" update.

February 21, 2014 at 5:42 am #344667

Ionut

„Thibaut, previous versions had a bug which caused translation connections to be lost. It's supposed to be fixed in the recent version (beta 4).”

Just curious, how the hell are you guys testing versinos before release if you allowed four versions to have the same major bug?

February 21, 2014 at 8:00 am #344726

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

@Radoslaw, I will contact with you by email in a moment

@ionut, we are sorry for your problems. Apparently this time our QA failed. But also please see the scale: there is about 200 000 WPML users around the world, and this issue happened only for some specific configuration cases which had only about 50 users - I know that 50 is still too much, but this is 0.02%. That kind of QA fail with same scale happen even for the best and biggest 🙂
And also please understand that we released those 4 beta versions day by day, even if there were still not all issues fixed. We wanted to provide smaller fixes for users as fast as possible.

But again: I agree that this is not a explanation for somebody who was harmed by this problem and I am sorry 🙁

February 21, 2014 at 8:07 am #344730

Thibaut

@ionut, the version with the major bug was a release... other beta version was supposed to fix the issue.

@konrad, i'm interested to be contacted to reconnect my lost translation... as soon as possible

February 21, 2014 at 8:29 am #344748

Jesus

Hello from Rome
We have multilingual site (Spanish, French, English and Italian).

After updating wmpl (v. 3.1.2) it was not possible for us to translate any post. We have applied the last beta version (b4) and now we can translate them. No problem now with this.

The only (big) problem are the dates. Some of the post have change his date of publication. How we can fix the problems and synchronize the dates of the posts?

February 21, 2014 at 8:57 am #344774

Ionut

I'm pretty sure those 50 users affected by this bugs are those 50 that REPORTED it.
I, for one, i didn't reported, yet i encountered just after update (fortunately, linking between all ~1200 posts - 200 posts across six languages - is not a dealbreaker on current project).

You guys are pretty lucky i didn't had time to update on a bigger project (about 1500 posts/language and ~500 taxonomy terms, four languages). That would be fun to see it updated manually!

@Thibaut: which beta version actually fixed this?

February 21, 2014 at 9:52 am #344831

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hi guys, lets make it clear what was fixed and what wasn't:

In 3.1.3 (or at least after this release) some of you started to report that you lost connection between translation.

Then we started to develop version 3.1.4 in next beta subversions to fix this (and other issues also)

In 3.1.4-b4 we fixed this - anyone who will update to this version from previous, older than 3.1.3, shouldn't be affected by bug 'lost connection between translation'

But if someone is already affected by this bug (because he installed one of the version between 3.1.3 and 3.1.4-b3) will still have translation disconnected, even after update to 3.1.4-b4. Then we started to contact with you directly and manually fix your DB tables.

We are working now on 3.1.4-b5 which will include graphical interface to re-establish connection between translation. When this will be done, everybody will see in post edit screen option to choose another post(s) with same content but with another languages.

So if someone lost this translation connection but think that can wait for 3.1.4-b5 (some of you told me that you lost only connection between not more than few posts and this is not a big problem) - ok. If someone needs help with manual DB fix, please tell and one of us will contact with you.

Thibaut: in a moment I will send you email.

February 23, 2014 at 8:59 pm #345907

acs001

Since I first installed 3.1 and then returned to 3.0.2-a, sometimes I get the wrong Featured Image not in the blog post but on my Facebook page when WPML is activated. Take a look here hidden link and see how the images relate to the posts. Only a few are correct. I haven't tried this with any beta version, but I still wonder why this happens after downgrading to 3.0.2-a.

February 23, 2014 at 9:50 pm #345914

acs001

I forgot to mention the some Featured Images do not work on some translations in Tumblr. Check this one as well: hidden link.

February 24, 2014 at 8:17 am #346002

francoisB

Hello David, I am new to WPLM and when you say: Delete the folders with the older versions, you mean to disable and delete from WordPress plugins page, right?

February 24, 2014 at 6:13 pm #346505

torstenT

Can you help me out with my site? i have done all the steps that youve said.

the dutch product pages don't show anymore: Error 404 Page

Please help me out!

February 25, 2014 at 10:00 am #346878

torstenT

?????

February 25, 2014 at 10:22 am #346898

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hi Torsten

we see your posts and in moment we will reply you. meanwhile please descibe to which post you refer, when you write "i have done all the steps that youve said". In this topic we have now about 50 posts and we gave diffrent solutions for diffrent problems of diffrent people 🙂

Please describe what is your problem and what actually you did.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WPML 3.1.3 and lost translation connections’ is closed to new replies.