This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 33 voices.

Last updated by Amir 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
February 25, 2014 at 10:37 am #346911

torstenT

I have done these steps:

You can get it from your WPML account. Go to Downloads, scroll to the bottom and you will see the beta package. Right now, it's 3.1.4-b1.

This ZIP includes several ZIP files of the individual WPML components. First, unzip it locally, get the parts that you need and upload them.

The safest way to update the plugins is to:
1. Deactivate (don't worry, your content doesn't change)
2. Delete the folders with the older versions
3. Upload the new versions
4. Activate

this isn't working.

hidden link

Thank you

February 25, 2014 at 11:01 am #346936

Amir
Supporter

torstenT, when you say that it's not working, can you please tell us what is not working?

The last step you wrote is "4. activate". Are you having trouble activating WPML? Trouble getting this update? Any trouble after you activate?

We really want to help, but we need to understand what's wrong.

February 25, 2014 at 11:07 am #346943

torstenT

the only trouble there is on the website is that the products aren't visible in dutch.

All the other pages work fine accept for when you go to the shop (dutch) and you select a product.
You get the error 404 page.

Can you help me out with this information?

Can i pm you the login information?

Thanks

February 25, 2014 at 12:59 pm #347033

Emmanuel

Hi from France,
Dunno if my issue is relative to this post but I guess so.
Here it is: I used to create posts in french language and then translate them to english. I use custom fields and featured image. If I just create a duplicate it's working fine. The problem is that I need to translate some text in post content and when I do so, featured image an custom fields disappear from translated post...

Note that I have uploaded last beta (5) version from wmpl and my wordpress is also up to date.

Thx for help!

February 25, 2014 at 5:48 pm #347315

reneG-2

Hi, i'm in need of a little help as well, i've lost a few translations around my site.

so i need some assistance reconnecting and fixing this.

February 27, 2014 at 12:45 am #348226

Emmanuel

Version 3.1.4-b6 fixed my issue with custom fields, TYVM!!

About featured image the issue was coming from the new "duplicate media" function.
If I don't use it, it works fine...

February 27, 2014 at 10:02 am #348462

laurenceC-2

Hi
I wonder if I should start a new post or just reply here, but I would just add to here first cos my problem is similar and I want to keep track of this problem as well.
My site: hidden link (if you need pwd to get in to take a look I would be glad to give you)
My problem: When I installed the WPML CMS 3.0.1, or 3.0.2 the pages disappeared. When I deactivate them, the pages came back.
When I installed the latest WPML CMS beta 6 of 3.1.4b6, two pages disappeared. I thought I would just rewrite the two pages. After that the pages would not appear when I try to view. When I deactivate it, all the pages reappeared.
I really need this WPML to work cos my line of work requires English and Chinese.
Laurence

February 27, 2014 at 10:18 am #348491

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Emanuel, Laurence and Rene: i replied for you by email 🙂

February 27, 2014 at 11:04 am #348549

Amir
Supporter

Folks, the original issue described in this sticky post has been resolved. It happened on the first versions that we released with this update and is fixed. The current beta, as well as the upcoming 3.1.4 stable release are free from the nasty bug.

Our support team wants to make sure that everyone who needs any help gets our attention. This support thread already includes too many different issues and we want to know that we're not forgetting anything.

I'm closing this thread. If you have ANY problem related to the recent beta version, please start a new thread. In the topic, mention that it's for WPML 3.1.4 and it will go directly to the development team.

I would like to thank you for your help and patience. We all appreciate it and we're doing our best to give you a solid product and help with any problems that may arise.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WPML 3.1.3 and lost translation connections’ is closed to new replies.