Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 49 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 19, 2020 at 11:09 am #6830293

kristinaF-2

Problem with WPML All Import

August 19, 2020 at 11:12 am #6830299

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I have set your next answer private.

Best regards,
Carlos

August 19, 2020 at 11:14 am #6830305

kristinaF-2

Thanks. I have edited the original answer with information.

August 19, 2020 at 12:14 pm #6830727

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

In order to determine if this is an issue on our side, we need to be able to reproduce the issue on a fresh new WordPress installation. I have created a sandbox site with WPML and Woocommerce plugins already installed. I kindly ask you to take an import file with a few products as a sample and double-check if the issue persists.

You can access to the sandbox site using this link: ***

Important note: Please check this errata page https://wpml.org/errata/variations-may-be-missing-in-german-or-danish/

Best regards,
Carlos

August 19, 2020 at 12:21 pm #6830731

kristinaF-2

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for prompt reply.

I can't replicate 100% since this is not a pro version.

"Upgrade to the Pro edition of WP All Import to Download from URL
If you already own it, remove the free edition and install the Pro edition."

August 19, 2020 at 12:36 pm #6830843

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you install the Pro version?

Regards,
Carlos

August 19, 2020 at 12:45 pm #6830877

kristinaF-2

Hi there,

I installed the PRO version of WP All Import with my own license as well as their WooCommerce add-on.

I have tried to replicate the issue, but on your test server, the prices are missing from start. The english import seems to work without issues, but when importing the danish sheet, prices are missing from variations, see: hidden link (I have added this tool to the functions.php file just to make it easier to test the results of the imports).

If you look at the page (hidden link) you'll see it is reporting that prices are missing, but if you take a close look you'll also notice that the pa_designer attribute is appearing TWICE. This is actually a problem I have tried to report to you SEVERAL times, but to no avail, and then you end up closing issues (it feels like you're not really interested in fixing the problems I use so long time to describe for you). I have created an issue regarding this issue here 1 month ago: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-attributes-is-appearing-twice-when-importing-using-wp-all-import/ (I would appreciate if you would also make sure this would get fixed, but it is not the highest priority). If you look at the code inside the themes functions.php file, you'll see that I simply call: `$product->get_attribute( 'pa_designer' )` and this returns "Test Designer, Test Designer", instead of "Test Designer" as it is on english.

I hope, from the simple tests I've made here, it is enough information from our side to prove to you that there are obvious bugs in your plugin, and we sincerely hope you'll fix them ASAP.

August 19, 2020 at 12:52 pm #6830913

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you confirm that you applied the workaround provided in the link of the errata page too? (https://wpml.org/errata/variations-may-be-missing-in-german-or-danish/)

Regards,
Carlos

August 19, 2020 at 12:59 pm #6830923

kristinaF-2

Hi Carlos,

To be fair with you, I am not really interested in workarounds. I am interested in you fixing the problems you have in your code, since it's what we're paying and trust you to do.

It's very typical for WPML to provide workarounds and hotfixes instead of fixing the underlying issue - just like the other issue I linked to regarding double product attributes above. It's not a cool culture.

I am also very tired of constantly having to work on your end. I already spent 1 hour to replicate the issue, and describe it as detailed as possible, and then you have the guts to ask ME to replicate the issue AGAIN on your servers, when I have already provided you with EVERYTHING you need to replicate it yourself. That's very unprofessional, and I feel that you ain't valuing the time I spend making you aware of the serious bugs you have in your paid services.

I'm also 99% sure that if I didn't reply to your question regarding replicating the issue on your end, chances are nobody would ever spend any time investigating the problem, and after a short time, another of your clients would come to you with the exact same issue.

Also, I am unable to provide the workaround you asked me to do on your test server, since I cannot edit plugin files.

Best regards

August 19, 2020 at 1:38 pm #6831287

kristinaF-2

Hi again,

I wanted to try your workaround on our staging server, but I am unable to locate the specified line at 665, and even the phrase $santize_in_origin in ANY code in all project files.

See attached image.

August 20, 2020 at 5:59 am #6835957

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I ran some troubleshooting steps in the sandbox site and all the imported products seem to be correct. I kindly ask you to double-check if you find any problem with the products in the sandbox site before we move to your staging site.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

August 20, 2020 at 8:30 am #6836601

kristinaF-2

Hi there,

It is not working.

Check the tool I spent a long time describing for you: hidden link

"Variation(s): 103,104,105,106: Missing prices."

August 20, 2020 at 9:43 am #6836977

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

It seems that the tool you created is incorrect because the variations have their prices correctly: hidden link

Regards,
Carlos

August 20, 2020 at 9:58 am #6837111

kristinaF-2

Hi Carlos,

There's nothing wrong with my script. And there's not prices on the variations. PLEASE, reread my initial case.

I am seriously starting to wonder if you have ever dedicated any time to thoroughly reading the initial case - I have spent hours preparing it, and it feels useless, since I have to sit here and spend time explaining to you what I have already explained. This is extremely frustrating.

It is true that the product has the default currency (in this installation it is USD/$, on ours it is EUR/€), but the variations does NOT have the multiple currencies set under "Custom Fields" in the import. It does, however, on the first import, but not on the rerun/update run.

Have a look at this screenshot.

Can we please stop this communication back-and-forth and simply direct it to your developer ASAP? I'm a developer through 10 years, I have already done the needed due diligence to ensure this is a tech problem, and not a "simple support case" issue that can be tweaked with some changes in configuration.

August 20, 2020 at 11:15 am #6837897

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I understand your frustration, but please help me out to understand and to reproduce the issue starting from the sandbox site.

I'm checking the sandbox site and the first thing I can see is that the meta fields (for example: _price_SEK) are set to "Don't translate" which may be causing, at least, one of the problems you are having.

If you set all these meta fields to 'Copy' or 'Translate' and re-run the import process (the one with the 5 test products), does the same issue persists?

I think it would be very helpful if you could create a screencast where the issue can be seen.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with WPML All Import’ is closed to new replies.