Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
May 16, 2023 at 6:57 pm #13659169

oleksandrS-10

Hi. I have a bug with YITH WooCommerce Wishlist and WPML. When I try to choose the wishlist page in select some page - on another page selection will reset. + i cant translate the name of button for "Add to wishlist" for both languages

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 21.57.09.png
May 17, 2023 at 7:37 am #13661441

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. I will try my best to assist you in this case.

The YITH WooCommerce Wishlist plugin is officially listed as compatible with WPML Plugin. Additionally, there are no known bug reports related to the issue you mentioned. However, since you have encountered a problem, I am more than willing to assist you by investigating the matter further.

Would you kindly try to replicate the same issue on this sandbox site: hidden link

The WPML and its add-ons are already installed in the sandbox. Just install the required plugins to reproduce the issue. The sole purpose of the sandbox is to check if the issue persists or not in a minimal environment and based on that, further actions will be taken. Please let me know once you're able to reproduce the issue on the Sandbox site.

Regarding translating the Button name- The button text should be available in the String translation. Will you please check the documentation below and try to translate the button text accordingly?

- hidden link

If the button text is not visible even after that, then please try to search for it on the admin screen. Please check the documentation below to get a better understanding of the process.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#strings-arent-selected-for-translation

Let me know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

May 17, 2023 at 10:33 am #13663323

oleksandrS-10

Hi. Yep,i see the same trouble on your site. Go to Yith Wishlist settings -> Wishlist page options -> change language in the admin page and see the "Wishlist page" select

May 18, 2023 at 12:41 pm #13671863

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,

Thank you very much for your effort. I have checked and understood the matter. Before escalating the issue, I would like to provide some additional insights based on my examination.

According to the current workflow of the YITH Wishlist plugin, it is necessary to include the wishlist shortcode to a page and then need to assign that particular page as the default Wishlist page from the plugin's settings.

Now, the recommended way for translating the content displayed on the Wishlist page is through String Translation, as described here(hidden link).

Since the wishlist page contents load correctly in each language after translation, can you please share the purpose of adding separate pages by switching to different languages? Perhaps this approach is complex based on their logic, which is why the YITH plugin team allows for including only one page.

But, please let me know the purpose so that I can escalate this matter to the respective team for further inspection.

Looking forward to your response and I appreciate your patience and kind cooperation in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

May 18, 2023 at 4:53 pm #13673943

oleksandrS-10

As i said before the trouble shows when i switch the language in the yith wishlist settings. When I switched the language - the selected wishlist page was reset to the not chosen value.

May 19, 2023 at 12:38 pm #13679223

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

I fully understand the situation. However, I would like to inform you that the approach you are taking to translate the wishlist page is "manual", which is not required as proper translation support is added already within the plugin.

What you need to do is select a "Wishlist" page from "YITH > Wishlist > Wishlist Page Options", being on the default language and translate the Wishlist page contents from "WPML > String Translations" page.

The entire process is described in this documentation: hidden link

To see how it works, please go to this page(hidden link) and check by switching languages.

I hope this process will be sufficient for you to complete the Wishlist page translation. But, if you need any further assistance or would like to share more information please let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.