Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
After update we found few problems:

1) Bottom footer is no longer translated (https://www.pcc-prodex.eu/en/ -> bottom part of the footer)

2) All words in headers and subheaders starts with big letters (?)
eg
https://www.pcc-prodex.eu/en/faq/how-do-you-prepare-a-room-before-spraying-foam/

3) Fields I have never wanted to translate (and its set in translations settings) appeared in translation editor and we got less than 20% completed (before update it was 100%)
It causes problem when we do changes on product and on translation it does not appear because translation seems to not be finished...

How can I fix this?

Solution:
The solution is described clearly in this reply: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problems-after-update/#post-13697777

Relevant Documentation:
Shared this errata to fix the label issue on the Editor: https://wpml.org/errata/advanced-custom-fields-multilingual-the-group-fields-title-and-labels-are-translatable-by-default/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pccS 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
May 19, 2023 at 12:36 pm #13679221

pccS

Hi,

After update we found few problems:

1) Bottom footer is no longer translated (hidden link -> bottom part of the footer)

2) All words in headers and subheaders starts with big letters (?)
eg
hidden link

3) Fields I have never wanted to translate (and its set in translations settings) appeared in translation editor and we got less than 20% completed (before update it was 100%)
It causes problem when we do changes on product and on translation it does not appear because translation seems to not be finished...

How can I fix this?

May 22, 2023 at 8:45 am #13687405

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,

Thanks for contacting WPML Support and Sorry for not being able to respond early due to the weekend.

Please find the response to each of the issues you've mentioned below.

- Bottom part of the Footer is not Translated: I have checked and found that the links are added using the default text editor of Elementor. Can you please open the Footer in Translation Editor and make sure that the translation is added for the texts? if you're not finding the text on the Translation editor, then please make a small change in the default page first and after saving the changes, try to update the translation. Please let me know the update.

- Words start with a Big letter: Did you mean the First letter of each word is appearing in capitalized format? In that case, you need to edit the headings and add the contents in the correct format. Since you're using Elementor, you will also find the controller to adjust the style of the text(by clicking on the "Style" tab). From there, you can change the value of "Text Transform" as per your needs. Kindly check this article(hidden link) for more info.

But, if the issue is something else, would it be possible for you to share more information, please? A screenshot mentioning the actual issue would be very helpful. I will check and let you know an update.

- Fields appear in the Translation Editor: Are the ACF field labels appearing in the translation editor? In that case, I would like to inform you that it is a new feature added to translate the ACF field labels easily and affordably with the Advanced Translation Editor and its automatic translation feature. If you want to disable it, please follow the instructions mentioned in this Errata: https://wpml.org/errata/advanced-custom-fields-multilingual-the-group-fields-title-and-labels-are-translatable-by-default/

But, if the issue is something else than what I understood, then kindly share more details about the fields so that I can get a clear understanding and let you know an update soon.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

May 22, 2023 at 12:44 pm #13690015

pccS

Hi,
Thank you for reply.

1. Those elements from the bottom are missing in translation view.. It ends on address.
2. Style is set properly, but something happens with translations..
3. I've added the rule but I still have those fields in editor..
I've read that pending translations won't be corrected, is that mean that I need to do all translations from the very beggining? I don't want to lose translations I've already had (100% before this unfortunate update) and add everything manually... It's hours of work!

I've attached screenshot to every point.
Thanks!

3.png
1.png
2.png
May 23, 2023 at 11:01 am #13697777

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,

Thanks for the details.

1) If you're not seeing the texts in the Bottom area on the Translation editor, then please open the header template in the default WordPress editor and make a small change by adding any character or letter and save the changes. Upon saving the changes, you'll notice a Translation update icon. Try to update the translation. I hope you'll be able to add the translation for the bottom texts after that. Let me know how it goes.

2) Heading translation not showing properly: I rechecked and found that the Heading in the English version is showing as per the configuration. I haven't noticed any issue there. Please check this video(hidden link) for a better understanding. As everything seems to be perfect, can you please tell me where should I check to find the issue?

3) ACF labels on the Editor: After making the required adjustment, you just need to make a small change in the default post/page from the WordPress editor(by adding any character/space/letter) and save the changes. After that, try to update the Translation of that specific page/post by simply clicking on the Translation update Icon(Screenshot: hidden link).

By doing this, you'll not lose any translation, rather, the ACF field labels, that you don't want to translate, will be removed from the Translation editor. But, it is always better to take a backup of the site and database before applying any workaround.

Let me know the update. I will be happy to assist you if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.