This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 19, 2019 at 7:20 am #3215261

paulE-14

Hi Support,

Good day, After updating our client's website plugin (including WPML) we encountered problem on some of our pages/posts, our translated pages are set-up as a duplicate of our main page but we found out that there are missing contents (ACF) after the update.

I have done some numerous troubleshooting before writing the support. We tried deleting the translated pages and duplicating it again, we also tried translating it independently and overwrite with the main content, and we also try updating the translated pages.

The problem is whenever I update one translated page the other translated page changed, somehow the ACF is being removed when it appears on the other translated page.

To explain more about this bug kindly see this video we created: hidden link

For now, we reverted back to the earlier working version, but we are committed to updating our client website every month

Note: regarding the debug information, I pull it out on our staging website which has the same plugins on the live website.

Kindly get back to us as soon as possible, thank you.

February 20, 2019 at 7:49 am #3220151

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Does it happen after upgrading the WPML plugin from version 4.2.0 to 4.2.1? Are you using WPML 4.2.0 on your live site?

Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page
2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 26, 2019 at 12:22 am #3242456

paulE-14

Ok I will try this method, will get back to you, thank you.

February 26, 2019 at 6:16 am #3243196

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please try it after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

Also please let me know the following for a better understanding of the issue.

a) Does it happen after upgrading the WPML plugin from version 4.2.0 to 4.2.1?

b) Are you using WPML 4.2.0 on your live site?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 31, 2019 at 11:56 pm #3502791

paulE-14

Hi Bigul,

Sorry for not getting back to you, We will do this hopefully this week and get back to you for the progress.

April 2, 2019 at 1:47 am #3512427

paulE-14

Hi Bigul,

Good day, I have updated our client's website and did the steps above, however when I looked at the affected pages the bug still appears, but there is this action that I did, I looked up the affected ACF under the "Multilingual Content Setup", currently I set custom fields to "Copy" I changed the affected field to "Translate". and check the website again, now it seems to be fix! can you explain to me the difference and if it is ok to set or leave it as "Translate"?

Thanks

April 2, 2019 at 9:01 am #3514989

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. If we set *Copy* as the translation preference for a Custom field it will copy the content from the Original language Post(while creating or editing). In the case of *Translate*, we have to translate it manually(from Post Edit screen) or via WPML Translation editor.

Please check the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Problems after updating WPML to latest version’ is closed to new replies.