This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by enriqueG-5 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 5:08 pm #3760901

enriqueG-5

I am trying to:
have wpml installed in hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Edited

I expected to see:
no problem listing posts in Blog and not having problems in header

Instead, I got:
If I activate WPML SEO for hreflang or if I insert WPML Switcher in header, I got query problems in blog archive:
hidden link

Now I don't have WPML SEO for hreflang activated and no WPML swithcer in main menu or header, but if you activate it (go on, it's staging for you), then blog page is not working properly and header breaks.

May 8, 2019 at 8:46 am #3764689

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please check the attached images. Hope you are mentioning this issue. It looks like a compatibility issue. Please upgrade to the latest version of the theme after a full site backup and check the issue is existing or not.

hidden link (*Change log* section)

For your kind information, the *Melanie Hanson* theme is not listed on the WPML compatibility list for the themes - https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility. It does not mean that this theme is not compatible with WPML, but our compatibility team has not tested it yet.

Please note, it is a public forum so sharing the credentials in the open threads may harm your site. I have edited it now.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 8, 2019 at 9:55 am #3765285

enriqueG-5

Hi, I've updated theme to latest version 1.3 (already did it in another staging), but still having exactly the same problem.
The author theme say their theme is working fine. Also their forum everybody says it works for them with wpml.
So... I have no clue what can it be.

May 8, 2019 at 5:07 pm #3769443

enriqueG-5

Hi,
I've already installed the theme in your sandbox and still having the same issue.
When I activat SEO hreflang or add WPML Language switcher in header, I get a query loop error in blog.

May 9, 2019 at 9:18 am #3774525

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I can reproduce the issue in the Sandbox site. Therefore I am escalating the ticket to our compatibility team for further debugging.

We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 10, 2019 at 3:23 pm #3786143

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, I have an update from our compatibility team. The Blog page is working for us as expected when we set it as *Blog* page(for listing Posts) in Settings>>Reading.

hidden link

So can you please try the same on your staging site and let me know your feedback.

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 13, 2019 at 8:40 am #3796135

enriqueG-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!