This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 10:56 am #3783443

janv-51

So I have 2 issues I am trying to resolve:

1) When I switch to default language from English to Portuguese on the backend under languages. The front end header disappears.
2) the second issue may be related to the first in that the header is replaced with another footer. I am using beaver builder and beaver themer to build the website. Which is WMPL compatible.

The reason I wanted to change the default language is that the client's native visitors will be Portuguese not English. if you go the front end in English there is no problem switching between languages. I tried to get around this by making the home page link default to Portuguese without changing the language default in the backend, but that also breaks the website.

Any suggestions ?

May 10, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3784101

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Change the default language to Portuguese.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting options in the attached image.
- Go to Settings -> Permalinks -> Re-save the permalinks structure.
- Activate the theme and the plugins one by one.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos