This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 6:13 pm

hectorV-3

I am trying to:translate the CPT room_type

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:that can translate all CPTs of type room_type

Instead, I got: When you press save, the process remains unfinished and the translation is not completed.

August 19, 2019 at 7:09 pm
August 20, 2019 at 3:51 am #4420429

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I have been investigating the issue and I can not find a reason yet, why the translationis stuck for room type 10101.

The translations seem to work, but somehow the translation task is stuck.

I will be further investigating tomorrow.

In the meantime try the following:

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 21, 2019 at 2:06 am #4427091

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to fix the issue with the translation for 10101- Habitación doble con baño privado y vistas a la ciudad bz canceling the translation job on Translation Management and creating a new job.

After this new fields were available for translation, but the translation still did not get completed. I then ntried troubleshooting options for this translation job but the taks keeps loading for minutes.

Could you please provide FTP access to your server as I need to debug for PHP errors.

I have enabled the private box for providing the credentials.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 21, 2019 at 10:16 pm #4435223

hectorV-3

ok, you already have access through ftp

August 22, 2019 at 3:58 pm #4440971

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The connection to the server with using provided credentials fails. Could you please verify this?

Further, it would be a help if you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

August 23, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4447959

hectorV-3

Ok, sorry try again
Worpress debug is enabled
Thanks

August 23, 2019 at 9:15 pm #4449825

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

There are defenitly some issues on the debug log in regards to the theme and a plugin titles "Widgets" for which I am currently not shure which one it is, as there are three widget plugins on the install.

Anyhow, it seems that those issues are not linked to the issue with the room types. In fact after running the WPML troubleshoot options the the room types are translated and the issue seems more to be on the accomodation pages which does not display the correct results. On backend everything is looking fine.

I would like to test the theme on a new install. Simply add the default theme archive at Appearance -> Themes -> Add new -> Upload theme.

Please add the BookYourTravel Theme to the following site:

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notice once the theme is installed. I will then try to recreate the issue here and test the theme for compatiblity on this matter.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Problems translating the CPT room_type’ is closed to new replies.