This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francescoM-34 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4569749

francescoM-34

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to update WooCommerce Multilingual 4.6.7 but after updating the shop/English page loses the translation and it's shown in Italian.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 16, 2019 at 5:21 am #4576335

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I am unable to reproduce the issues in your site, The English shop page displays the English translation without any issue, please refer to attached screenshot.

I am not sure whether the issue is already resolved or it is a temporary issue, If you are still having the issue please add some screenshot and steps to reproduce the issue which would be helpful to identify the issue.

I have also noticed from your debug information the version of WPML is very old try updating all the WPML plugins to the latest version. if you don't see any update notice in plguins list please follow the manual update process

* Steps to manual update
-- Backup your site and database
-- Deactivate and remove the WPML plugin from WP dashboard plugins section, This won't delete any data
-- Download a fresh copy of WPML plugin from you WPML account dashboard https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
-- Upload a fresh copy of the newer version of WPML multilingual CMS plugin to your site
-- Activate the plugin and register if required
-- Update the rest of the WPML plugin from plugins > Add New > Commercial Tab

Let me know if that helps

Kind regards
Raja

September 16, 2019 at 9:18 am #4577855

francescoM-34

Thank you, Raja.
I am glad I can reply to you. Until now I had to solve also some 'account' problem as the system was not offering the reply option (I bought a lifetime plan).
Regarding plugins, I always update when visible on the wp dashboard.
I am working on the 'staging' site not to create problems with updates to the online version.
That's why you found 'Shop' correctly in English.
This morning I found 5 WPML new updates and I processed, but the result is as follows: hidden link: this means that the updates went wrong.
Same is happening to me if I try to update WooCommerce Multilingual, which is still in stand-by.
So what I'm going to do, is to get back from yesterday's staging version to cancel this morning updates and, if you agree, I will open an administrator account for you.
Please let me know if you agree and all the necessary details hidden link.
Moreover please advise if it should it be an account on staging or online site.
Have a nice day, Raffaella

September 16, 2019 at 11:34 am #4579817

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hello Raffaella,

Please share temporary admin access to your site (the site which has the issue), if the issue persists only on live site please share the access information. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

September 17, 2019 at 3:58 am #4585461

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I would still suggest updating to the latest version of WPML Multilingual and its add on plugins before updating WooCommerce Multilingual to the latest version.

It is not advisable to update only the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin and keep all other plugins in an older version.

Try updating the plugins from Plugins > Add New > Commercial, If that didn't work follow the manual update procedure mentioned in my previous reply https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problems-updating-woocommerce-multilingual-4-6-7/#post-4576335

September 17, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4589009

francescoM-34

Dear Raja,
did you update wpml plugin or not?

September 18, 2019 at 6:58 am #4592787

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I didn't update any plugins, I am requesting you to proceed with the update.
Let me know the results.

September 18, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4599339

francescoM-34

Thank you Raja, I followed your advise and it went well.
All the best
Raffaella

September 18, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4599341

francescoM-34

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!