This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Katharina 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 12, 2018 at 8:08 am #2096661

Katharina

Hi WPML-Team,
I'm working on a site with 6 different languages, each one in it's own URL. When I’m logged in into the WP dashboard under the .de domain (German), I open a page and click on the button „Edit with Elementor“. This works fine. But if I change (still being logged in into the .de domain) to french, the Editor does not open. See screenshot.

I checked the workout suggested here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-and-language-url/ and this sort of works. I have to check out from the .de domain WP dashboard, check in into the french WP dashboard and make the changes there. Then check out from the french dashboard, check in to the italian and so on.
This is not the comfortable way I'm used to work with WPML

Plus - doing these dashboard-changes often, I get an Elementor alert and have to re-install the licence key. See screenshot.

Is there any solution around?
Thanks and best regards
Katharina

May 14, 2018 at 2:54 pm #2123367

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Katharina.

Are you following our instructions on how to work with WPML and the Elementor page builder?
You can see the instructions here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

It seems to me that you are doing something different because you are not using the Translation Editor. Also when logging in the admin area, it will always be with the domain that the default language is assigned to. So I'm confused when you are writing that you check out and in different languages dashboard.
Could elaborate on the translation process that you are doing?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 22, 2018 at 7:21 pm #2211481

Katharina

Hi Itamar,
thanks for your suggestions. I went through the instructions again - the problem only occurs if I want to have a different page layouts in the different languages. If it's only about translating the text elements, everything is fine. As the layout process is through at a certain point, I live with that for the time being and afterwards can easily work on the text elements.

Thanks again,
Katharina