If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
August 19, 2013 at 9:47 am #155670

Timothy

I currently have all the products setup to the prices I want and the currency shows in the checkout page. I've set up English and Traditional Chinese to accept Hong Kong dollars. Then I set Simplified Chinese to RMB using the Woocommerce Multilingual.

The checkout form looks perfectly fine with all the prices I have set up individually for the specific language. So the checkout price is $300RMB however when I click to Paypal Payment page it shows $300USD. How can I fix it so it is actually 300RMB?

I am currently using the following:

Woocommerce 2.0.10
Woocommerce Mutlilingual 2.3.2
WPML Multilingual CMS 2.7.1

August 19, 2013 at 12:14 pm #155731

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Timothy,

Thats a serious difference, $300USD or $300RBM 😐

1) Could you update..
> Woocommerce 2.0.10 to version 2.0.13
> WPML Multilingual CMS 2.7.1 to version 2.9.1

2) Make sure that you have also our extra plugins "String-Translation" + "Translation-Management" installed.

3) After this could you provide me with a screenshot of your multicurrency settings?
(with the "Upload an Image" link below)

Thanks!

August 19, 2013 at 3:52 pm #155844

Timothy

I actually have:
WPML String Translation 1.7
WPML Translation Management 1.6

I really don't think it has anything to do with the version and I am very hesitant to make any updates on the plugin because I actually have a lot of custom stuff within the plugins.

I am having a feeling is that Paypal doesn't take the currency code RMB instead. Could we have a look before we do any updates cause I am afraid all of the other custom stuff I've done would be gone 🙁

August 20, 2013 at 8:16 am #155986

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Timothy,

To be honest, actually "a little red alarm light is blinking in my head" 🙂 when I read "I actually have a lot of custom stuff within the plugins."
These changes will make updating "String Translation" + "Translation Management" impossible for time indefinite. So on the long run many more problems will appear.
If possible try to keep customizations in the "functions.php" of your active theme + using WP hooks.

# Screenshot:
As far I can see, you need two more currency entries there.
You have one for Chinese simplified already, but we also need one for "English" and "Chinese Traditional".
Could you add them and let me know if this solves the problem?

August 20, 2013 at 6:29 pm #156213

Timothy

Hello Andreas,

I think I found out the problem. I think it is because Paypal does not take RMB currency so it used it's default USD as the price.

I took the solution here:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-woocommerce-excelling-ecommerce-the-currency-symbol-for-china-yuan-is-incorrect

Added the function and now at least it converts to RMB price to USD. However, I just want to confirm is it Paypal does not offer RMB currency or Woocommerce/WPML that does not support passing the RMB over?

August 21, 2013 at 12:46 pm #156476

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Timothy,

Good point!
I've checked it on the PayPal developer docu and RMB is indeed not supported yet
hidden link

When it comes to our system, it takes any currency. So this should not stand in the way.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problems with Currency Exchange’ is closed to new replies.