This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4239975

Andrea

Hi, we translated some content for a client using Translation Hub and after the upload of the files, the page layout is different from the original (see screenshots).

The template used is Aalto Version: 1.2 by Edge Themes and it uses WP Bakery Page builder. Both are updated.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

We accessed the website backend and we noticed that some shortcodes are not setted as translatable (Screenshot attached). Could this be the issue?

Thank you!
Regards

July 18, 2019 at 5:22 pm #4241401

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Yes, this could be the cause of the issue. In this case I kindly ask you to set all the custom fields that are related to the layout to 'Copy' and save the changes.

Note: Please click on the 'Show system fields' link and double check if you need to set some of them to 'Copy' too.

Could you tell me the result of the steps above?

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 11:09 am #4256477

Andrea

Thank you Carlos, PHP memory limit updated.
TWO ISSUES LEFT:
1) We set the existing custom fields to "Copy" (in one page, for testing purposes) we retranslated the xliff file, uploaded it via the Hub, and in fact the layout issue is solved (see attached screenshot). However, we cannot access the post for some reason, it says that the translation is currently under way and when we press the Check status button we get an error message. We also were wondering if it is in some way possible to carry out this operation in bulk, i.e. to set the custom fields to "Copy" for all posts.t
2) As you can see from the screenshot, there are still some parts that are left untranslated. any idea of how can solve this? Apparently they are not in the strings but we do not understand where they are and how to translate them.
Thanks for your help!
Andrea

July 22, 2019 at 1:06 pm #4257697

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Andrea,
Thank you very much for your message.

In this case I will need you to guide me through the steps to reproduce the issue in the site.

Also, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

July 24, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4274377

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Andrea,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

Before we continue I need to ask you to update all outdated plugins and themes in the site. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Could you tell me if the issue persists after the steps above?

Note: Please don't forget to make a full backup of the site before making any change.
Regards,
Carlos

July 25, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4285329

Andrea

Hi Carlos
everything updated, backup done.
Please proceed.
Best, Andrea

July 26, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4289637

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I selected the options to duplicate the images to the translated content, this images appear within the languages block in the right column in the edit screen. Then I set another custom field to 'Copy', this custom fields carries the CSS from the original language to the translation.

I saved the changes and updated the English translation: hidden link

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

July 26, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4289811

Andrea

Hi Carlos,
the layout issue seems to be solved.
However, we still have the second issue to solve (see above):
[quote]
2) As you can see from the screenshot, there are still some parts that are left untranslated. any idea of how can solve this? Apparently they are not in the strings but we do not understand where they are and how to translate them.
[unquote]
The untranslated text is highlighted in the attached screenshots.
Thanks for your help!
Andrea

July 26, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4290151

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

For this case I have added the necessary XML code in WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration tab. You can find more information about Language Configuration Files in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

I kindly ask you to follow this steps:
- Edit the post in Italian (original language) -> Make some change in the content (specially in this untranslated elements) -> Save the changes -> Update the translation.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Best regards,
Carlos

July 26, 2019 at 3:23 pm #4290417

Andrea

Hi Carlos we still cannot find the missing content in the XLIFF files.
Any idea?
A

July 27, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4293773

Andrea

There is also an additional issue: we cannot open the posts as they are considered "in translation". When I delete the jobs from the Translation HUB and I update the status in the Translation Management plugin I get an error message (see attached screenshot). We are blocked, any chance you could delete the jobs or explain how I can do it?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Andrea

July 29, 2019 at 6:20 am #4297139

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hello,
Thank you for your messages.

As this this two latest issues are slightly different that the original and the original one is already solved I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for each of this issue and describe step by how to reproduce them. This way we will be following the forum's rule of having one issue per ticket. This will also help future clients to find a solution to similar problems while looking in the forum.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos