This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 1:46 pm #3683021

christianL-12

Hi, when we click on english flag, the home page does not load anymore

April 25, 2019 at 9:29 pm #3685985

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

If still issue persist, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin & FTP) to your site so I can see your setup – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Please let me know what you will be able to find.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 26, 2019 at 11:41 am #3690427

christianL-12

Hi MIhai, many thanks for quick reply! Unfortunately I dont get the option for DEBUG (I tried, following your links). Dont know why. Can we have a quick joint chat to look into this?
Pls note I have so far NOT done a complete backup.

April 30, 2019 at 7:48 am #3708853

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Mihai is currently offline , if possible please provide me with your error log so i can get a better idea of what might be happening as it seems that there is a possible error 500.

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problems with loading english home page’ is closed to new replies.