This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 10:42 pm #4584455

carinaB-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hola Carlos,
espero que estés bien, gracias por las intrucciones que me enviaste sobre traducir el sitio pero lamento decir que no logré a hacerlo funcionar.

One week ago I duplicated the site from cubatravel.eu to cubatravel.se in order to continue to elaborate the site in Swedish which is the main market and in the future transalate to other languages. It worked fine but then I did something wrong with the configuration of Wpml and all the menues from raratheme were lost. I tried to create the menus again in Swedish and in English and I have transalated all content to Swedish. But nothing is working and I have lost control over what has happenend. There are several error logs in the file manager but I am not a developer and I have tried to solve this for almost one week but I'm getting more confused for every day.There is a mix of Swedish and English in the different pages and it's impossible to connect PRIMARY meny to the pages. And the site is empty when you look at the website cubatravel.se.
Is the solution will be to start all over again? The thing is that I have transalated all content from English to Swedish and I don't want to loose that.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I am trying to learn how to do by foollowing guides and videos en Youtube.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I you want you can log in to the site and maybe there understand what I have done wrong.
cubatravel.se/tropic23 user:carina password:woo2015Hab

What is the link to your site? hidden link

September 17, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4589879

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,
Thank you for contacting WPML support service again.

1.- Could you share some screenshots so I can see the issue happening?

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

September 18, 2019 at 9:55 am #4594705

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Carina,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

I took a look at the site and I can see that the homepage is not translated yet. Also I fixed the Language URL format in WPML -> Languages.

Could you finish the translation of the pages in the Menus? This way we will be able to translate the menus correctly.

Regards,
Carlos

September 18, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4597649

carinaB-5

ok Carlos,
I will look in to the home page. I think that we have not used the homepage in cubatravel.eu since since we let frontpage work as our home. But maybe one has to duplicate the frontpage into a home page in order to have pages in different languages, I will look in to that.
Saludos
Carina

September 19, 2019 at 9:53 am #4603243

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Carina,

I will be waiting for your message.

Regards,
Carlos

September 19, 2019 at 11:30 am #4604291

carinaB-5

Hi Carlos,
I'm waiting for the Raratheme support to help me create the home page.

September 19, 2019 at 11:31 am #4604293

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,
Carlos

September 19, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4604701

carinaB-5

Hi Carlos,

this is the answer from Raratheme:

Thank you for getting back to us.
I have made your Home Page to two languages. Now, you can slowly start translating your site.
And translated the menu but still, it's not being displayed on the Swedish language.
Now, I think you need to contact WPML again. Please tell them that you have translated the menu but it's not being displayed/we can't assign the menu as Primary.
Check the screenshot - hidden link and hidden link
If you have further question or need help, please feel free to write to us.

September 19, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4606333

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I suspect we might be facing a compatibility problem because I have run several troubleshooting tests in the site but the issue persists. In order to isolate the cause of the issue and define it this is a compatibility issue I have created a test site with a fresh new WordPress install and WPML plugins installed and setup already.

I kindly ask you to login the test site by following this link: hidden link and install the theme there. This way I will be able to run run further tests in order to isolate the cause of the issue without affecting the live site.

Please let me know when the theme is installed and setup.
Regards,
Carlos

September 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4606401

carinaB-5

Hi Carlos,
Do you mean that I shall install Raratheme ProAgency without any information in it? Or shall I duplicate the cubatravel.se website and copy it to new testsite place?

September 20, 2019 at 10:11 am #4611317

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I meant install only the theme and create the minimum information to reproduce the issue. Just test information.

There is no need to duplicate all the content of the site.

Regards,
Carlos

September 20, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4613333

carinaB-5

Hi Carlos,
I have installed pro Agency theme with Rara one click import.

After I had installed the theme I saw that I have to install WP Travel Engine, Travel Agency Companion and some more plugins. So I installed them to.

Unfortunately the installation is not complete as the Rara Theme demo, the trip and destination sections are missing and maybe more. I don't know if it was because I installed the plugins after the theme and not before. So maybe the best thing is to uninstall the Raratheme and install it again. But I don's see how I can uninstall the theme. Maybe you know or I can ask the raratheme support how to uninstall the theme?

September 23, 2019 at 9:03 am #4621861

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your message.

I re-installed the theme and its plugins. I also followed this steps:
- Edited each page that appears in the primary menu and re-save them in their default language to make sure they have the correct language information (because this pages were imported and not created by an user).
- Translated each of the pages that appear in the Primary menu to the secondary language (SW)
- I went to Appearance -> Menus -> Re-saved the Primary menu in English -> Then I used the 'Synchronize menus between languages.' option that appears right above the 'Save menu' button.

As you can see the menu is working correctly. Could you confirm that the menu is working correctly in the test site?

Regards,
Carlos

September 23, 2019 at 9:06 pm #4626661

carinaB-5

The menues are working correctly in Swedish and English. That means that it is no problem with the RaraTheme compatability.
So what is the next step?

September 24, 2019 at 8:37 am #4629157

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

In this case I would recommend you to follow this steps:
- Make a full backup of the site
- Deactivate all plugins that are not necessary for the theme to work.
- Setup the theme again or make sure each page is saved and translated it correctly.
- Recreate the menu.

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos