This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
August 25, 2016 at 10:20 am #1021189

marcH-8

Regarding the copy: I am getting help from a tech guy to resolve the 500-error and to fix the server problems. I suggest that when all is done we continue with the copying of the site.

Regarding the switcher: besides the options wpml woocommerce multilingual I have set this in the theme options as you can see in this screenshot:
hidden link
It's this theme:
hidden link

well, the key deletion is a workaround, but it would be fine if these message could be stopped by an option settings. With more than 30 plugins this is annoying.. 😉

thanks for your help, I will come back as soon as my server is fixed!

thanks, marc

August 25, 2016 at 12:56 pm #1021680

marcH-8

Andrès, I was wrong.. I added the currency switcher as shortcode to the navbar:

[currency_switcher]

Anything wrong with this?

August 25, 2016 at 1:40 pm #1021836

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

No Marc, it should work 🙁
About the notifications, I agree, we are working on that and it would be fix soon.

So far, I don't see anything strange in your settings, but sometimes this currency switcher works and sometimes it does not. It needs more debugging.

Please, let me know once you have a test site available.
Regards,
Andrés

August 25, 2016 at 2:24 pm #1022094

marcH-8

Well.. I am building this store and already run some ads for it, so actually right now I don't have time to debug or create a test site. So far the 500 error couldn't been resolved. For now, since most of my customers are in Europe and using Euro, I would say we take a rest and check again in some weeks. I have installed the new update (3.5.1.1) and we'll see if it's getting any better. 😉
Thanks a lot so far!

August 25, 2016 at 3:57 pm #1022401

Andrés
Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. And what about providing us a copy which I can install locally?

August 25, 2016 at 7:46 pm #1022832

marcH-8

Hi Andrés,

sure, tell me what I have to do in order to create a copy and I'd be glad to provide it to you. Should I use your migration tool or zip the whole folder or how? Just tell me the steps and I'll do it. thanks.

August 26, 2016 at 6:19 am #1023261

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Marc, could you please zip your site with a database copy, excluding the /upload/ folder ? Then, could you add a downloadable link in the next message which I'll make private?

Regards

August 29, 2016 at 7:03 am #1026772

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Marc,

I hope you have had a great weekend.
It will take a bit while I download and install it locally. I'll keep you updated.

Regards,
Andrés

August 29, 2016 at 8:15 am #1026974

marcH-8

Hi Andrés,

no problem, take your time.

Cheers, marc

August 29, 2016 at 3:37 pm #1028393

Andrés
Supporter

Thank you Marc, I keep you posted.
Andrés

August 30, 2016 at 4:23 pm #1037823

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Marc,

I'm sorry for the long silence, it took me a while but finally I got your site locally. It also took me a while to understand that you were adding your Currency switcher through the 'Shortcodes in Menus' plugin.

After some testing, it is working on my local environment. It stops working as soon as I activate W3TC. Could you deactivate it temporary and test it?

I'll wait for your comments.

Regards,
Andrés

August 30, 2016 at 6:45 pm #1038114

marcH-8

Hi Andrés,

great to hear you managed to have my site locally. Sorry that I didn't know how I have embedded the currency switcher.

And... you are completely right!!! Deactivating W3TC solves the problem. The currency switcher is still taking quite some time to change the currency, but IT WORKS!!! 😉

So, the problem is W3TC. Should I ask someone (their support or a tech guy) if there is a work-around or a setting that could solve the problem? Or take another plugin for Cache? I am also using cloudflare CDN.

You remember that my site had a lot of Internal Server errors. Well, a tech support found out it's a read data timeout in mod_fcgid. He increased fcgi timeout from fcgid.conf to 220 (it was 45). It could be set to unlimited but its not recommended. He asked me to ask the WPML support about this, because it is wpml plugin related he said. We could open a new thread for this if it's really wpml plugin dependant. I have no idea.

So, I will ask the W3TC support. If you should happen to know anything about the interferences between the currency switcher and W3TC, let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help so far!! GREAT WORK!!!

Bye, marc

August 31, 2016 at 7:22 am #1038793

Andrés
Supporter

I'm glad to know it worked for you, Marc.

About W3TC, in shared hosting environments, it may be the case that CPU resources provided by your host are simply not sufficient to allow a speedup via W3TC. In this case you can deactivate all W3TC caching options except for the database cache. This should help most front-end load time issues. Does it help?

On the other hand, about the mod_fcgid issue, could you create a new ticket with all the information available so we can continue investigating it ?

Best regards,
Andrés