Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 24, 2013 at 6:46 pm #138564

Timothy

Hi,

I'm currently having problems with the WPML and it is really urgent that I can get a sense of the problem as my client is really mad that the website has went down and unable to view categories.

Currently I have two plugins that is working with WPML and it all worked until this morning. The two plugins are Woocommerce and Event Calendar.

First I go permalink and set the permalink to /%postname%/ and then from the backend CMS when I click on the default English version of the categories for the events or woocommerce product categories it works. Then when I go to the categories in different language and click view on the categories it gives me a page not found. If i go back to the English version of the page categories view it gives me a page not found until I refresh the peramlink page back to /%postname%/ then I would be able to see the English Version.

Really need some help on it as I do not know what happened. Thanks!

I'm currently using WordPress:

With:
The Events Calendar Version 2.0.10
Woocommerce 2.0.10
Woocommerce Multilingual 2.3.1
WPML Multilingual CNS 2.7.1
WPML String Translation 1.7
WMP Translation Management 1.6
Wordpress 3.5.1

June 24, 2013 at 7:10 pm #138570

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Timothy,

Have you tried another WPML URL format? Please click WPML > Languages​​ > Language URL format. Please could you tell me what is the URL of your site?

Please change the format and make sure it is working. Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

June 24, 2013 at 7:15 pm #138571

Timothy

I currently have this selected.

Different languages in directories (hidden link - English, hidden link - Chinese (Simplified), etc.)

June 24, 2013 at 7:19 pm #138572

Timothy

I changed it so it is using ?lang=zh-hans and it works.

The pages language changes work the only page that doesn't work is the categories. It has even affected the English version of View Categories Page unless I change the permalink from the wordpress settings.

Cheers,
Timothy Wong

June 25, 2013 at 4:44 am #138632

Timothy

These pages used to work:
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link

Any ideas?

June 25, 2013 at 5:41 am #138642

Timothy

I followed the following link:
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/page-not-found-jigoshop-product-categories/

Harshad suggesting adding the following to the theme function:
add_action('init','remove_rewrite');
function remove_rewrite(){
flush_rewrite_rules();
}

This actually helps preventing me to refresh the permalink pages however, I am still having troubles with accessing the category section pages in different languages.

June 25, 2013 at 8:46 pm #139002

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Timothy,

Please use the suppress_filters to try to solve this problem. I noticed that your version of WPML is a bit old. Please update it to the latest version 2.8.2.

Eg:

query_posts('suppress_filters=1');

Please let me know if this works.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problems with Permalink Language Switched’ is closed to new replies.