This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The suffix "?v=11aedd0e4327" is appended to permalinks on all urls

Solution: This link which indicates that the suffix is being generated by a setting in Woocommerce. The following documentation indiates how to remove the suffix.

Relevant Documentation: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-this-plugin-gives-suffix-to-the-website-url-how-do-we-remove-this-suffix

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by claraD 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 25, 2016 at 12:18 pm #868367

claraD

I am trying to remove the suffix "?v=11aedd0e4327" of my permalinks this on all my url

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see the permalinks hidden link and the same for all the pages

April 26, 2016 at 3:12 pm #869432

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

1. Can you please tell me how you have your URL Formats configured? A screenshot would help.

2. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

3. Is this a new install or is this an upgraded system?

4. Does this happen if you turn off all non-WPML related plugins as well? What about if you temporarily change your active theme to Twenty Fourteen?

In the meantime, I will investigate if there are other occurrences of this same problem being reported.

Thanks for your feedback.

April 26, 2016 at 4:18 pm #869486

claraD

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
1 - Please find attachments for the 2 photos permalinks .
2 - It is done!
3- It's a new install
4- I'll turn off all non-WPML related pluginset nothing change. Same if I active Twenty Fourteen.
5- I have turned off WPML plugin too and after reactivated it,
the text is not translated. Do you know why ?
Yet the translations are always there in the string translation.

Thanks for your answer.

April 26, 2016 at 11:52 pm #869766

Yvette
Supporter

hello.

I did some research and I found this link which indicates that the suffix is being generated by a setting in Woocommwerce:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-this-plugin-gives-suffix-to-the-website-url-how-do-we-remove-this-suffix

Can you please try the advice given to see if this resolves your issue?

April 27, 2016 at 8:13 am #869902

claraD

Yes thank you it Works !
As against the translation works and not on the site since I have uninstalled and reinstalled the WPML plugins. Do you know why ? Yet the words are translated into the plugin string translation.

I used this plugin only to translate some texts in my theme and not because it is multilingual. Do you know if I can do more simply .

Thanks for your answer.

April 27, 2016 at 11:03 am #870067

Yvette
Supporter

Please check the setting in
WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization > Select how to translate strings in the theme and plugins

Do you have the option selected: "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" ?

With some themes, this option gets "unset" to not use String Translations when things are activated/deactivated.

If the strings in your text are not "configurable" / "theme options" then you can use .po/.mo files using poedit.

The issues with theme options are that they are stored in the database - and the normal .po/.mo files will not handle these kinds of texts.

Let me know if there are futher questions!

April 27, 2016 at 1:08 pm #870194

claraD

Thanks for your answer !
But I don't see the theme and plugins localization tab in the back office of wordpress (photo in attached)
I have another question, if I need only the String translation plugin for translate the words, do I necessarily install all the others?

Thanks

April 27, 2016 at 2:35 pm #870285

Yvette
Supporter

I am surprised to not see this menu option in your dashboard.

(1) Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

(2) To translate user generated content you only need WPML CMS. To translate media, you might want to use WPML Media so you don´t have to duplicate your physical file images. You need WPML String Translation to translate your theme elements as we discussed. The other WPML modules are only required if you need specific functionality. e.g. Translation management is required for managing trasnlators and 3rd party translation services.

The short answer is - no.

April 28, 2016 at 11:14 am #871006

claraD

Hi,

Did you fid a solution?
Thanks

April 28, 2016 at 1:16 pm #871162

Yvette
Supporter

Hello.

I connected to your system and I can see that the installation is not complete. There are several features missing like the languages selector and the theme and plugin localization functions.

1. Is this a new installation?
2. How many translations are existing

I will check with my colleagues the best way to handle this so as to not lose any translations that you might have existing.

Thanks for your feedback.

April 28, 2016 at 1:38 pm #871191

claraD

Hi !
Thanks.
It's a new installation and not so much translation. It' sa lot of words for Woocommerce like login, password, register etc...

I am sorry but i have another problem on my website and I don't know how I how resolve it.
I think it's appears when I desactive plugins on Monday.
The filters on the shop page don't work. When I select a colors its not the good or sometimes there is no proposition.
So you know why ?

Thanks At All for your help. Have a good day !

April 28, 2016 at 1:58 pm #871214

Yvette
Supporter

I could imagine this is related to the incomplete installation of WPML environment.

I woudl like to try to reinstall the WPML CMS. Is this ok with you?

April 28, 2016 at 2:13 pm #871240

claraD

yes it's ok for me !

April 28, 2016 at 8:11 pm #871580

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I was able to complete the installation process without losing any of your existing translations (I belive).

There seems to be a conflict, however, with the following plugin: WooCommerce Show Single Variations

It is not possible to activate this plugin with WPML modules active. I´ve left this plugin deactivated...the rest of your plugins are activated. Since this is a "new" problem from the original one, I would ask you to kindly close this ticket and open a new thread with what we have learned so that it can be properly escalated to our compatibility team.

It is our policy to limit each thread to one problem in order to avoid confusion and to cleanly escalate issues.

Thanks for letting me know if we have resolved the original issue.

April 29, 2016 at 4:43 am #871680

claraD

It's work ! Thank you very much !!
I close this ticket ans open a new!

Have a good day !