Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomasB-2 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 8:38 am #4713205

tomasB-2

I am trying to: find out, how to translate datepicker in forms (built in Contat Forms 7 plugin) WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: translated months and days in the datepicker

Instead, I got: still the Czech versions of them

October 9, 2019 at 10:12 am #4721651

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Tomas,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of the website so I can have a closer look at the contact form, please? As I can see, the theme that you're using is Hotel California. I just want to see how the contact form is added to the page and what can we do about the datepicker.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
    Radu

October 9, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4723003

tomasB-2

Hello Radu,

I have sent you the required credentials, could you please look at it?

Thank you,
    Tomas

October 10, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4730573

tomasB-2

Please, it is urgent, could you look at my problem or maybe assign this troubleticket to somebody else (f.e. Andreas) so that I can continue on my work? Thank you.

October 10, 2019 at 8:49 pm #4734011

Radu
    Supporter

Hey Tomas,

Sorry for this delayed reply but I just needed to have a closer look at this issue. I also managed to replicate it on my side. As I can see, the months and days are created automatically using some code. The way that this part of the contact form is create might not be ready for being translated. I looked on the support area of the plugin and there are other users asking for a way to translate this part too.

In this case, I escalated this to the 2nd tier support so my colleagues can have a closer look at this and see if there's anything we can do about this date picker. I'll give you a message back as soon as I have any news about this.

Thanks,
      Radu

October 11, 2019 at 5:39 am #4735721

tomasB-2

Hello Radu,

ok, thank you, it is crucial for us, because it is a order form for our hotel clients from abroad and it is really imortant, that understand the booking form and can pick up do correct arrival and departure date.

Tomas

October 13, 2019 at 6:05 am #4744047

Radu
      Supporter

Hey Tomas,

I understand that is very important for a website since the datepicker should be different when changing the language. However, I was able to find that the language of the datepicker (months and days) are changing based on the browser language.

I did a quick test and change the language of my browser to French. In this case, all the months and days are translated. This means that the code from the plugin is made to be automatically be created based on the browser language and this cannot be controlled. However, I escalated this to the 2nd tier support so they can look a bit closer at this and see if there's anything that can be done in this case.

As you can see here hidden link, this is an element from the browser that appears automatically when an input field has the date type. However, I'll wait for my colleagues to check this out and let you know if there's anything we can do about it.

Regards,
        Radu

October 14, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4751345

tomasB-2

Hello Radu,

thank you for the update. I have tried to change the browser language in order to test the funcionality, but was not successfull.

Thank you and please let me know once you will know more about showing the translated datepicker fields in connection with the selected language version of the site.

Best regards,
        Tomas

October 15, 2019 at 7:04 am #4754881

Radu
        Supporter

Hey Tomas,

As I mentioned in my previous message, this date picker that appears when using the contact form is a part of the browser. The WPML plugin can translate elements from the theme, plugins, or database, but not from the browser.

I provided all the info to my colleague so now we have to wait a little to see if he can find a way to translate this part.

Thanks,
          Radu

November 5, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4889307

tomasB-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!