This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 1:33 pm #2755314

johanA-13

I am trying to:
Translate the footer of the theme Ark, yet there is now "+" for another language translation.

It works fine with the pages on the website but with the footer which is inside the Ark theme, it does not seem possible to translate.

September 24, 2018 at 11:16 am #2760276

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

- You are using older version of WPML plugins. Please backup your site and update ALL WPML plugins to it's latest official release version. Or you can download it from your account: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

- I have noticed that you are using older version ( 1.38.0 ) of The Ark theme and latest version of The Ark theme is 1.39.0, please update the theme and let me know if this resolves the issue or not.
hidden link

If issue still persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

September 26, 2018 at 3:12 pm #2767799

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

You can create separate footer for each language and then apply translated footer on translated pages from Page/Post Settings >> Footer dropdown.

I have duplicated footer section and added some test translation for English language and then applied newly created translated footer in English home page and it looks fine as you can see in attached screenshot.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Problems with translating footer in Ark-theme’ is closed to new replies.