This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by albertoP-26 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 6, 2020 at 3:50 pm #5850563

albertoP-26

Hi, I've already setting up WPML and being translate some stuff like taxonomies and product attributes.
I've found a problem with my product archive.
When I visiting the home page (home is also store page) in my origin language is all ok, then I swith to english and also this seems like ok but when I try to use sidebar filters a "no product message" appears.
If you looks the products counts is different between the two languages, in engligh in minor.
The products that are dissapeared is the only products that I tried to translate.
At this link: hidden link you can find a demo video.
Thank for support

hidden link

April 8, 2020 at 7:34 am #5863099

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Alberto,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

As I can see, you're using a plugin called WooCommerce Products Filter to create the filters. Since this is not a part of the WPML compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/), there might be some compatibility issues with WPML.

But first, can you go to WPML → Languages → Language filtering for AJAX operations and check this option, please?

Also, please go to WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Status tab, click the Troubleshooting button from the bottom right corner, and use the options from here.

Last but not least, please deactivate all the plugin except for WPML and main WooCommerce plugins, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if you still cannot see the right products on the secondary language archive page.

Thanks,
Radu

April 8, 2020 at 10:07 am #5864829

albertoP-26

Thank for the feedback Radu.
I tried to do your steps but the problem still remain.
I try to disable the ultimate plugin (custom version made by plugin team) and change it with a official repository plugin and seams work properly.
I think this is the problem.

Another question: How I can change the attribute parent category name?
I had translate all the terms inside attribute but I can't translate the parent terms.

Thanks

April 10, 2020 at 8:18 am #5882013

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alberto,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to make the archive page go back to normal.

Regarding the new question, can you and me a link to a page where I can see a parent category name, please? I just want to make sure that I'm checking the right element.
If this is a pare from the dashboard area, you can send me the credentials for it too. The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the username and password.

Thanks,
Radu

April 10, 2020 at 9:55 am #5882955

albertoP-26

I tried to translate the attribute label in product page (MORE INFO TAB) hidden link
without success.

April 10, 2020 at 11:53 am #5883807

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alberto,

Can you go to WooCoomerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Attributes tab, and select the attribute that you'd like to change the label to, please? You should be able to do the change at the bottom side, under the Translations of taxonomy Color labels and slug area.

Thanks,
Radu

April 17, 2020 at 9:24 am #5930617

albertoP-26

I tried how you explained but the translation still remain in english on both languages (ITALIAN & ENGLISH).
The original language is Italian.
I try to explain with some screenshot, please take a look.
You'll can find attributes in the screenshot in every product.
Thanks

April 20, 2020 at 1:49 pm #5949765

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alberto,

Thank you for trying to make the change that I suggested in my previous message.

Now, is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this and see why is this not changed in the front-end, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

April 21, 2020 at 2:42 pm #5960673

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alberto,

Can you tell me if you made any changes in the meantime, please? I'm asking this because I checked again this product:
hidden link

and the labels are translated well now (please see the attached screenshots).

Thanks,
Radu

April 21, 2020 at 5:11 pm #5962075

albertoP-26

I do not know why now is correct.
Thanks anyway for your support, issue is resolved now.