Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carlosS-14 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Maciej.

Author Posts
April 10, 2015 at 3:40 pm #597403

carlosS-14

Hello,

I am using Woocommerce with WPML to manage the product catalog on our site.

Today as I was updating info on some of our products, I noticed that the translations for my Product Attribute names are no longer showing up on both the WooCommerce Multilingual page and the Taxonomy Translations on the dashboard, yet they still show up translated on the front-end of the site.

I am absolutely sure they were all translated previously, and the fact the translations still show up on the translated products in the front-end just adds to my confusion. I have tried re-entering those translations on the backoffice, but when I change page (or even just attribute tab on WooCommerce Multilingual), they are no longer visible and I'm back to seeing the 'translate' text/link.

I'm attaching a few screenshots to show what I'm referring to.

April 13, 2015 at 6:57 am #598012

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Are the Product Attributes visible when you disable all non related to WPML plugins?

Please let me know.

April 13, 2015 at 9:47 am #598183

carlosS-14

No, I have just deactivated all my plugins besides WPML, WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual and a few of the official WPML add-ons (Media, String Translation and Translation Management), and everything stays like in the screenshots I've sent previously, even if I try re-inserting those translations, when I navigate away from the page and go back, they are no longer displayed.

April 13, 2015 at 12:54 pm #598327

Maciej

Thank you for your reply.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

I would also recommend to backup your database and website first before we proceed. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

April 15, 2015 at 10:47 am #599771

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
I have escalated your issue to the 2nd Tier Support.
Please await their updates here in the forum.

April 16, 2015 at 8:38 am #600472

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Our developers are aware of the problem and are currently working on it. I will update you as soon as a fix is made available.

April 17, 2015 at 10:54 am #601323

carlosS-14

Thank you for keeping me updated on the status of my issue.

Are you guys able to provide some explanation of what went wrong? I'd like to better understand the issue, as I'm curious to know if it was some kind of user error or a bug brought on by some update to the plugin, and if there was a way it could've been prevented by me.

It would also be nice if you could give an ETA on the fix, because we're planning some changes to our product attributes (adding an attribute and renaming an existing one, at least) and we'll most likely need to have this issue fixed before we proceed with that.

Best regards.

April 28, 2015 at 9:08 am #607578

carlosS-14

Has there been any further progress in solving this issue?
Quite a few days have passed and I need to update my coworkers on the status of this problem.

I am also well under way in building another site similar to the one where this issue came up, and I wouldn't want to run into this issue on that one too, so just knowing what might have caused it on this one would be a good help.

Best regards.

May 15, 2015 at 11:32 am #619565

carlosS-14

Hello,

Is there still no progress in fixing this problem?

I have been testing this on the new site I mentioned, which has been launched in the meantime, and now that I finally got to inserting the multilingual content, I realized the same bug is happening on the new site, which was made from a clean install of latest WordPress, WooCommerce and WPML versions and an up to date purchased theme.
As such I think this bug is in WPML itself (or one of it's addons, like String Translation), and not a specific problem with my sites.

I have also tried installing the latest beta versions of WPML CMS and String Translation on the test version of the site from the OP (the one for which I had provided access credentials in this thread), and the issue remains.

Meanwhile I also found a workaround for editing those translations, by searching for them in the String Translation interface and changing their translations there, but it would be nice to see this issue fixed so they are displayed in the WooCommerce Multilingual / Taxonomy Translation tables like they are supposed to.

Best regards.

June 1, 2015 at 9:44 am #629608

Maciej

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
This problem is solved in the version 3.2 which will be very soon released.
Please keep an eye on our company blog to get latest information about our plugin and release dates: http://wpml.org/blog/

June 16, 2015 at 10:30 am #639386

carlosS-14

Hello,

I have just done a manual update of WPML and all its add-ons on one of my local development environments and the problem seems to have been solved, as expected, and so I can finally mark this thread as resolved.

Many thanks for the support!