This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alinam-2 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
December 23, 2018 at 6:01 am #3028276

alinam-2

I am trying to:
have the product attribute in the right language for each version.
In English, I have the French name, ie couleur instead of color.
The name is correctly translated by WCML
For whatever reason, WPML considers that my ... "original" product attributes are English, whereas they are actually French. And I can't change it, ie if I change manually, it's not recorded.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

December 24, 2018 at 10:14 pm #3031430

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Please follow the steps below:

Click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for Troubleshooting and click on these buttons:
-- Clear the cache in WPML
-- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
-- Fix element_type collation
-- Set language information
-- Fix post type assignment for translations

If the problem persists, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

December 26, 2018 at 6:11 am #3033120

alinam-2

Hello,
I did what you say ... and

In original language, everything is OK.

In translated language (English), the attribute name is written in French (eg couleur instead of color) and the attributes are translated in Eglish (so, I see blue, white, etc as targeted to be)

Image issue21a = translation of a product attribute
Image issue21b = translation of the word for the given product attributes
Image issue21c = in translated shop, the word for attributes is in French (eg couleur) when the attributes are in English (eg black, blue, .....)

December 26, 2018 at 8:31 pm #3035103

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

December 28, 2018 at 3:39 pm #3040660

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. From what I've noticed, this is not part of the taxonomies. This is basically the title of the widgets.

- Please click on WPML > String Translation
- Search for "couleur"
- Note that there is a widget in the list (the last item). I'll attach an image for you to see.
- Select the widget string and change to the correct language. I'll attach an image for you to see.
- Translate the string and see the front end is displayed correctly

That is, this does not seem to be related to taxonomies. The taxonomies seem to be correct. This is about the title of the widgets.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

December 28, 2018 at 5:21 pm #3040927

alinam-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!