This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by valeriag-3 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 10:00 am

valeriag-3

I am trying to: product attributes/variation of a woocommerce product

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: i don't see the in the backend whith fields to translate attributes 'size' and 'material' for that product

Instead, I got: no fields to translate attributes

September 5, 2019 at 11:03 am #4518607

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Global v. Custom attributes
You wrote: "..I expected to see: i don't see the in the backend whith fields to translate attributes 'size' and 'material' for that product..."

Response:
Are the attributes "size" and "material" global or custom attributes? Only custom attributes will appear in the Tranlsation Editor for the translated product.

Translated global attributes are automatically assigned to the product upon saving the product translation. Global attribute values are created via WPML > Taxonomy Translation or Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Attributes

If the global attributes are not appearing, then you shoudl check that you have marked them as "translatable" here:
WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation

If the custom attributes are not appearing, then please check that you have marked them as "translatable" here:
WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation
Look for custom fields beginning with "pa_attribute_"

I hope this answers your questions.

September 5, 2019 at 2:11 pm #4520003

valeriag-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!