This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by federicoP-9 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 1:18 pm #5866103

federicoP-9

Converting to a ticket because not all attributes are showing in the attribute translation screen.

April 8, 2020 at 5:17 pm #5868451

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please see my previous private reply and let me know once the migration is completed. Thanks!

April 10, 2020 at 12:58 pm #5884121

federicoP-9

Hi,
i see now your email.
I start the Migrator

April 10, 2020 at 2:22 pm #5884475

Lauren
Supporter

Great, thank you. Please let me know when the migration has completed and I will continue troubleshooting.

April 10, 2020 at 3:15 pm #5884715

federicoP-9

Ok, migration is complete.
Federico

April 10, 2020 at 7:42 pm #5886029

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for migrating the site. On the copy of your site, I found that the synchronize attributes and update product variations was not working because the attributes had not been translated. I went to Products -> Attributes -> Colore telaio and opened up Nero to edit it. From this screen, I was able to add an English translation and once I did that and updated the translation, the term "black" appears on the backend of the English product translation. So, once the attributes are translated, then you can run the sync.

I then remembered that you were missing some attributes, so I tested with the n-bottiglie taxonomy, since that one had a lot of terms created. I did the following steps and then the attributes displayed in WPML -> Taxonomy Translation.
1. In wp-config, increase memory to 512M, enable debug log, and increase max terms per our chat. None of those lines were set correctly in the wp-config.php file.
2. Deactivate all non WPML plugins and switch to Twenty Twenty theme.
3. Update WooCommerce to the latest version

After this, I could see the full list of attributes for n-bottiglie in WPML -> Taxonomy Translation. Since you have a lot of taxonomy terms, I recommend creating a test product with attributes assigned (as many as you can, you may have too many attributes to do this all in one step). Then, Duplicate the product to your secondary languages. This will then create the taxonomy translations for the other languages.

Please let me know if you need further assistance after following these steps on your live site. You can also login to the test site if you would like to conduct any other tests before making changes on the live site. Your login information and the link to the site is in our original chat message, at the top of this thread.

April 20, 2020 at 2:27 pm #5950137

federicoP-9

Hi Lauren,
I followed your advice and everything seems ok.
But I don't see some attributes, what can it be?
I saw that they don't have _pa_name but only name