Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 25, 2020 at 7:14 pm #5993783

John

Hello again,
A. So I have tried to debug myself before opening all the support tickets but without luck. I have to go to recount terms on every language and also on wpml troubleshoot debug recount product terms but nothing changed.
Some screenshots:
This is the actual store, the product count is correct: hidden link
Other languages total randomly: hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

B. Sometimes out of nowhere the shop page is blank with no product and I must go to permalinks and resaved so the products can be displayed on all languages.
I also found this topic:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shop-page-empty-randomly/
I have latest version but the issue still occurs.
Any ideas?

------------------------
On previous support topic I have migrate my website to cloudways maybe you can use it to debug there. Thanks.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-categories-images-and-custom-images-doesnt-copy/

April 28, 2020 at 12:35 pm #6012395

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello again,

Please follow the steps described in my previous message (testing on minimal setup) and keep an eye for this issue too while you are updating and activating/deactivating the functionalities on the site.

I will also recommend you to go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) -> Select all options and click on the 'Start' button. This will synchronize the products in all languages.

Could you tell me the results of the steps above?

Regards,
Carlos

April 28, 2020 at 12:36 pm #6012465

John

I am currently testing on minimal setup only the theme and wpml is installed..I have tried all troubleshooting before opening tickets here. As you can see on some tickets I even found other clients topics on same issues....
So please look on the migrated copy that is posted on the initial ticket.

---Sorry Carlos but it seems on your replies on other tickets that we are not "on same page" can some other support take care of this tickets ?
Hope you don't mind. All the best!

April 28, 2020 at 1:52 pm #6012981

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
As mentioned in the other ticket, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.

I'm taking a closer look at the migrated site and it seems there are some errors at a database level.

I would like to ask you to follow these steps and let me know the results:
- On the migrated site go to Products -> Categories -> Make sure you are on the English version -> In the row of the 'Air cooler' category, in the last column (Count) there is only 1 product, however when you click on that you will see that the products list shows 44 products (see the attached image).

Could you tell me if you see that same difference on the live site?

Regards,
Carlos

April 28, 2020 at 1:55 pm #6013027

John

Hello, I must say sorry if I was mean...but I am tired of this errors...as you could see I have opened around 4-5 tickets...
Much appreciation for your fast reply to all.

Yes indeed I think there are some issues with database.
hidden link

April 28, 2020 at 2:38 pm #6013239

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
I understand your frustration and I'm doing my best to solve all the tickets as soon as possible 🙂

Thank you very much for confirming that the issue happens on the live site too. In this case, I will duplicate all the untranslated categories, tags, attributes, and products on the migrated site and then sync all the products. Once I finished I will check if the issue persists or disappeared (because many times these issues are caused by untranslated information).

I will keep you updated on my findings.

Thank you one more time for your patience.
Best regards,
Carlos

April 28, 2020 at 2:40 pm #6013269

John

Ok thanks for the clarification, but in some language I would like only some products to appear not all. Will this influence?

April 28, 2020 at 3:16 pm #6013589

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

I don't think so. However, the expected behavior is that the categories show the correct number of products in the current language.

Regards,
Carlos

April 29, 2020 at 12:34 pm #6021547

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

This message is just to let you know that I'm still working on this issue. I will keep you updated.

Best regards,
Carlos

April 30, 2020 at 2:08 pm #6031445

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

After several testing on the migrated site, these are the results:
- After duplicating all untranslated taxonomies and products the issue persists on the site. The issue even persists after deactivating WPML plugins.
- I created a fresh new WordPress installation with the Woodmart theme, WPML, and Woocommerce and the issue disappeared.

The conclusion is that the issue is not caused by WPML. You can double-check these results by comparing the sites:
- In this link you can download a Duplicator package with a copy of the migrated site with all taxonomies and products duplicated and synchronized: hidden link
- In this link you can download a Duplicator package with a copy of the new site I created to compare the results: hidden link

Best regards,
Carlos

April 30, 2020 at 3:08 pm #6031841

John

Hey, thanks for the reply...Hmm the count numbers are getting randomly changed for ex if I delete a category and then recreate it and if I press recount term or assign products to categories then I get some strange errors and products are put in other categories than expected...
What should I do in this case? Any advice?

April 30, 2020 at 3:24 pm #6032037

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I can't give you a final answer here because the issue is outside of WPML's scope, however, I would recommend you to double-check the products and the taxonomies. Also, if you are importing products, be very careful because not all imports work correctly in a multilanguage site.

Another aspect to keep in mind is that our official documentation suggests creating the taxonomies under the default language of the site and the translated them later to the other languages: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-product-categories-tags-attributes-and-custom-taxonomies

Best regards,
Carlos

April 30, 2020 at 3:42 pm #6032309

John

Hmm..I'm pretty sure that wpml is influence somehow...
For ex: If I go to a product and update in English then the category product number gets updated and number is shown correctly.
If I disable wpml completely on default language the product counts are correct.
Only when wpml is activated the issue start to appear.
Anyways can we use a chat or something similar to communicate? Thanks

April 30, 2020 at 3:53 pm #6032391

John

Please check the link below,
hidden link
This is very strange behaviour...maybe you reconsider your previous messages...:D
I don't know how can I help you debug more this annoying issue.

May 1, 2020 at 11:29 am #6037123

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you provide access credentials to the live site so I can take a closer look at it? I have set your next answer private.

Regards,
Carlos

The topic ‘[Closed] Product categories doesn't count correctly & random empty shop page’ is closed to new replies.