Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 1, 2020 at 12:33 pm #6037893

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

I just visited the site and I can see that there are several categories and products without translation. Please solve all the problems listed here and let me know if the issue persists: hidden link

Note: Please keep in mind that our documentation says that the product taxonomies must be created in the default language and then translated to the secondary languages and I can see many taxonomies and taxonomy terms created in Romanian which is a secondary language. This might be causing the theme not recognizing the taxonomies correctly.

Best regards,
Carlos

May 3, 2020 at 12:37 pm #6047291

John

Hello Carlos,
Thanks for your answer.
So please explain to me this situation:
1. You are right the main language of the website is in Romanian but we decided to switch to English so we can use wpml advanced translation to translate some articles, product description from English to other languages, rather than Romanian; but now I don't think was the smart move.
2. In final the 1st language should be German, what is your advice and how we should proceed so we won't have any issues.
3. We have some products that should be available only on Romanian, as I know this shouldn't influence the wpml, please correct me if I am wrong.
4. Final question: so if we switch back to Romanian which was the main language, the issues with categories numbers and emails should be fixed right?
4b. It is possible to force the primary language to German even if the main language was Romanian?
I hope you can help me with this and maybe the errors will be fixed.
Many thanks.

May 4, 2020 at 9:53 am #6052207

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

To answer your questions:

2.- I recommend you to create a fresh new site with German as a default language and then add the secondary languages. This way you will avoid any problem created by the changes in the configuration in the actual site.

3.- You are correct, you can create some products only in Romanian and not translate them (be sure to set them up correctly in WPML -> Settings -> Post type translation) and it won't have any impact on the correct behavior of the site.

4.- It should be right but after all the changes on the site it might still fail. However, on the site I created from scratch the issue with the categories disappeared.

Best regards,
Carlos

May 4, 2020 at 9:54 am #6052209

John

Any ideas how can I migrate translation if I set default German ?

May 4, 2020 at 10:25 am #6052519

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, you can use WP All Export plugin to export the content and WP All Import + WPML All Import plugins to import the content.

In this link you can find our official documentation on this subject: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Regards,
Carlos

May 4, 2020 at 10:35 am #6052605

John

Ok...as you could see I have 8 languages: it is possible this scenario.
1. Export/import only German language make it default
2. Export/import the rest of the languages.

May 4, 2020 at 11:52 am #6053019

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Yes, it's possible.
I would recommend you to test it first on a staging site and then on the new site. This way you can text all options without the risk of broke anything.

Regards,
Carlos

May 11, 2020 at 12:18 am #6099713

John

I have replied on other topic

May 11, 2020 at 8:49 pm #6107049

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Carlos is not available today so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

Can you please send me the link to the other topic where you have replied?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 24, 2020 at 10:32 pm #6205863

John

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-email-doesnt-get-translated-even-if-all-strings-are-translated/
Hey sorry for late response the one above.

May 25, 2020 at 10:03 am #6209061

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

In the other ticket you wrote: "All the modules are up to date. Same issues... 🙁"

But when I'm reading this ticket I see that the discussion between you and Carlos was about how to create a new site with German as the default language and then start a new site by importing the products from the old site. And this to avoid all the problems that occurred because of changing the default language and other problematic configurations.

So all this made me confused now on what do you need help with.
Do you want to start everything on a new site where German is the default language?
Or is there another issue that you need help with?

Regards,
Itamar.

May 31, 2020 at 8:28 am #6258903

John

Hello, sorry for late response.
I have talk with Carlos on previous topic, start from scratch it is not an option for me.
The website is already translated in 7 languages.
But we have same issues with woodmart theme which it is supposed to be wpml compatible.
If you can read both topics from beginning you will understand exactly.
1. Emails footer are not correct output, even if they are translated
2. Product count it is haotic and doesn't indicate correct number of products (theme related)
Thanks and waiting for your answer.
All the best

June 1, 2020 at 9:29 pm #6268625

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

1. Please explain to me how to see this problem and which emails have this problem?

2. This issue was reported to us and fixed in WPML version 4.3.13. The current version is already 4.3.14. So please update our plugins on your and hopefully it would solve this problem.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Product categories doesn't count correctly & random empty shop page’ is closed to new replies.