Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gvidoD 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
May 12, 2015 at 10:58 am #617053

gvidoD

Hi!

I have 3 languages in my e-commerce site. Native and english versions are working fine, but i have some problems with russian version. I have translated categories correctly, each category in native language have translation in both languages. Products also are working fine, i can open them in front page, but i cant manage to get category sorting working.

Have checked a lot of options, i found weird problem, i go to wpml -> taxanomy translations-> Product categories, in bottom of page it offers me option to translate labels for the taxonomy Product Categories. I enter russian translation, save it , next time i refresh page, translation is gone. But i dont think its related to my problem.

page carcare.lv/ru/ - it opens russian version, where u can see all translated products. try to choose any category from side menu, except first three , which is also weird that first 3 categories are working, but i have some products in other categories also, if you open up any product, you can see that active category have yellow background (including the ones i cant open). I also can provide login credentials for faster problem solving.

Thanks!

May 12, 2015 at 11:49 am #617091

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

The issue you are having with Product Category Singular and Plural names not translating will be resolved in version 3.2 - when released. But we have temporary workaround for this issue, please check here https://wpml.org/errata/translating-taxonomy-labels-problems/

But you are right when you say that this is not the problem why you get 404s. To resolve this, please follow the steps below :

1. Open Settings > Permalinks
2. Input "product-category" in "Product Category Base" under section "Optional" (I will provide you a screenshot - please if you see this value appear in grey color it is NOT inputed, and you need to do it manually)
3. Hit Save changes

Screenshot : hidden link

1. Open WPML > Themes and plugins localization (Make sure option "Translate by WPML" is being used)
2. Under section "Strings in the plugins" check "WooCommerce" and "WooCommerce Multilingual" and hit "Scan the selected plugins for strings" button (If this action takes more than 1 minute, please refresh the page and try again)
3. Open WPML > String Translation
4. In search bar type in "product-category" and hit search button
5. You should have your results (I will provide you another screenshot)
6. Translate each one of them to other languages (make sure you check "translation complete")

Screenshot : hidden link

Now everything should work as expected.

Thanks.

May 12, 2015 at 1:18 pm #617166

gvidoD

Thanks for fast response!!

Did everything as u explained, but that didn't fixed the problem 🙁
I will add screenshots with search results and permalinks. Doing search for product-category returns only 3 results, in your provided sreenshot there is 5 results...

Capture2.JPG
Capture1.JPG
May 12, 2015 at 1:27 pm #617177

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I checked your website again and I can see that now product category base is working as expected, the problem I see is related only to few particular categories.

Since those few categories return first letter as a capital one (e.g. Диски) I assume that you haven't translated the slugs for those categories.

Can you please go to WPML > WooCommerce Multilingual > Product Categories Tab and confirm that you have properly entered the slug for those categories?

Thanks.

May 14, 2015 at 9:24 pm #619171

gvidoD

Yeah, that solved the problem.

Thank you!