This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 7:18 pm #4260957

erikav-3

Hi there,

The product categories have been translated from Dutch to English. On some English translated pages, the Dutch product category is shown.

The English page hidden link shows the correct English product categories. However, the left side bar shows the Dutch product categories.

The English page hidden link shows the Dutch product categories, instead of the English translations.

Could you assist to solve this issue?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
Erika

July 22, 2019 at 9:53 pm #4261529

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

I reviewed your site and screenshot provided. In screenshot 2 with left shop sidebar, there is a option under called "weergave in taal" which controls where this widget is shown.

Currently you have selected all the Dutch categories and selected it to appear in English language. Please switch the option for both of the widgets so that the current one is visible for both.

Let me know if this helps!

July 23, 2019 at 6:13 am #4262825

erikav-3

Hi Rajeeb,

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately selecting the option 'all languages' did not work yet.

Option 'all languages' for the second widgets, result into:
- The English page shows the Dutch product categories.
- The Dutch page shows the widget twice now, the widget selected for Dutch and the one for all languages (hidden link).

Option 'all languages' for both widgets, result into:
- the widget is shown twice on the Dutch and English page.

Could you help me out again?

Thanks, Erika

July 23, 2019 at 8:57 pm #4268873

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Erika,

I'm very sorry for not making it clear.

I didn't mean the all language option. There must be at least 3 of these options in that setting:

1. All Language
2. English
3. Dutch

Go to your English language widget - select "English" for the "Display in Language" option.
Then go to your Dutch language widget - select "Dutch" for the "Display in Language" option.

This will make sure correct widget is shown for the current language in front-end.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

July 24, 2019 at 7:07 am #4270843

erikav-3

Hi Rajeeb,

No worries, you made it clear. I actually tried the same settings as you described above yesterday also. Unfortunately, the product categories were still showing in Dutch on the English page.

I just entered the above settings again for you to see. I also entered these widgets via Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets with the same outcome.

I will sent you also images of the widgets on the backend of the site. Should the English widget show the English category names? So far, I can only select the Dutch category names.

Thanks for your reply!

Best regards, Erika

July 25, 2019 at 1:57 am #4278159

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Erika,

I would like request your WordPress login details to debug this issue further.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to it.

July 31, 2019 at 7:06 am #4311987

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Erika,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you please mention which widget are you using? I see the customizer interface is different from a core WP install. Please make sure the widget is compatible with WPML. Currently the widget shows only Dutch categories for selection.