This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I have translated almost all the product categories but when I go to WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Categories tab, some translations are not showing as translated.
Solution:
Just simply add this line of code:

define('WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', '2000');

to the wp-config.php file.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 26, 2019 at 10:35 am

cristianD-13

I'm trying to translate the product categories into Spanish. Here's what happened two or three times in a row:
- open WooCommerce Multilingual > Categories
- filter for untranslated categories in Spanish. Result at the bottom says 158 items
- add some translations (let's say 100). Result at the bottom now says 58 items
- reload the page, filter again. Result at the bottom says 158 items. Every translation I just added is listed there as missing

The original language has 387 categories, I checked this from Products > Categories. 387 - 158 = 229, so obviously Spanish must have 229 categories, right? Wrong, it says 333. But that doesn't make sense because WPML says there's 158 categories without a translation! It's like the translations exist but WPML doesn't know. What is going on?

March 26, 2019 at 11:04 am #3461729

cristianD-13

Update: I deleted all the categories and started over, and once again it's stuck at 158 items

March 26, 2019 at 11:42 am #3461977

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Cristian,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me how do you create the translation for the categories, please? Do you go through Dashboard → WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Categories or through Dashboard → Products → Categories? I just want to try to do a translation as a test and make sure that I'm using the same method.

Also, in order to make sure that no plugin is causing this issue, please deactivate all the WooCommerce plugins, except for the main one. I can see that you have a few add-ons that might cause this issue.

Last but not least, please go to Dashboard → WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Status and press the Troubleshooting link from the bottom right corner of the table. Once you're here, just select the Sync products categories box and press Start. This option might be able to synchronize all the translations. Before proceeding with this, please create a full backup of your website. This way you'll be able to roll back to a working version if anything goes wrong.

Thanks,
Radu

March 26, 2019 at 1:50 pm #3463103

cristianD-13

Hey,
The page I use to translate categories is DashboardWooCommerceWooCommerce MultilingualCategories.
I tried disabling all WooCommerce extensions, but it didn't help.
"Sync product categories" also didn't change anything, the item count is still 158 when I reload the page.
I also have a plugin called 'Activity Log' and it does say the categories have been updated. Also, if you translate a category and then search for it in DashboardProductsCategoriesSpanish it works, but WooCommerce Multilingual still lists it as not translated for some reason

Edit: it stops working as intended once the sum of categories in all languages is higher than 1000. Like I said in the first post 387 - 158 = 229. 387 (English) + 333 (Italian) + 229 (Spanish) = 1000, and if I try to translate any more than that it bugs out

March 26, 2019 at 2:11 pm #3463257

cristianD-13

^ it's 384 in Italian, the math still checks out (387 + 384 + 229), I just mistyped the number.

March 27, 2019 at 9:53 am #3469219

Radu
Supporter

Hey Cristian,

Can you tell me what would be the translation for the AC SERVICE UNITS category in Spanish, please? I want to add the translation on your website and see what's changing while doing this. I'm still checking things out and I want to see what's happening when adding a new element.

Thanks,
Radu

March 27, 2019 at 10:02 am #3469305

cristianD-13

Hey,
The translation is "EQUIPOS DE MANTENIMIENTO AC"

March 28, 2019 at 6:56 am #3477475

Radu
Supporter

Hey Cristian,

I just went to Dashboard → WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Categories tab, added the translation for AC SERVICE UNITS and now the count for the untranslated items decreased to 157. This means that the translation worked well. Can you check this too and tell me if you see anything wrong with this translation, please?

Thanks,
Radu

March 28, 2019 at 7:48 am #3477713

cristianD-13

The count does decrease right after adding the translation, but if you reload the page and check again it goes back to 158 and the translation that was just added is still counted as missing.

Try these steps to reproduce the problem:
- go to DashboardProductsCategories and check the count for Spanish. It's 244 right now. Also, search for "INSPECCIÓN VEHICULAR COCHES" while you're in there (you'll understand why in a few steps). It will return no results
- go to DashboardWooCommerceWooCommerce MultilingualCategories and filter by untranslated Product categories in Spanish, so that you can clearly see what's translated and what isn't and that the item count is 158
- translate "VEHICLE TESTING CAR" with "INSPECCIÓN VEHICULAR COCHE" (so that it's even a new category, but as you'll see "AC SERVICE UNITS" is also still there). The item count goes down to 157
- reload the page and filter again. "VEHICLE TESTING CAR" is still there, item count is back at 158
- check again in DashboardProductsCategories. The count for Spanish is now 245, and if you search "INSPECCIÓN VEHICULAR COCHES" you'll get a result

April 1, 2019 at 6:33 am #3504341

cristianD-13

Hi,
is there any news about the issue?

April 2, 2019 at 8:23 am #3514703

Radu
Supporter

Hey Cristian,

I didn't forget about this ticket, I just needed to make a few more checks. I had another look at your website and I could see that you have two translations for the EQUIPOS DE MANTENIMIENTO AC category. Can you check this out, please? Also, is the French language a new one, added recently? Last but not least, is there any chance that you can create a duplicator archive for me so I can add everything on my website and make a few more tests, please? I think that the part where only 1000 categories has something to do with the number 158 from the bottom side (as you suggested) but in order to be sure about that, I need to make a few more tests.

Thanks,
Radu

April 2, 2019 at 9:06 am #3515013

cristianD-13

There are two categories called "AC SERVICE UNITS". One is a parent category, and the other is a subcategory of "ACCESSORIES". The first one (the parent category) was translated earlier and it works fine. The one you've been working on and that doesn't work correctly is a subcategory of "ACCESSORIES".

French is a new language that was added recently but the translations have been put on hold until we can sort this out.

I created a Duplicator package. It's called wpsupport and it's in the wp-snapshots folder. You should be able to access it using the FTP credentials I added when I posted the ticket

April 3, 2019 at 8:13 am #3523369

Radu
Supporter

Hey Cristian,

I just wanted to give you an update that I downloaded the archive from your website and I'm checking this issue right now. I'll keep you posted about what I find about it.

Regards,
Radu

April 9, 2019 at 7:27 am #3563533

cristianD-13

Hi Radu,

One of our translator has finished the Spanish translations for the products. Is it okay to begin adding the translations now, or should we wait until the categories are fixed?

April 9, 2019 at 12:45 pm #3566983

Radu
Supporter

Hey Cristian,

Sorry for the late reply. I just needed to make a few more tests on this.

Can you add this line of code:

define('WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', '2000');

to the wp-config.php file and tell me how the counter works now on Dashboard → WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Categories tab, please?

Thanks,
Radu