Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 10, 2020 at 6:06 am

wai-szeT

Product Category not shown up in another language

March 10, 2020 at 8:48 am
March 11, 2020 at 6:07 am #5659859

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

I am not able to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation as part of our escalation process. Please check the following URL.

hidden link

The result is the same on your staging site after upgrading to WooCommerce 4.0 and Elementor Pro 2.8.5(the latest stable version), and it happens in a new page also - hidden link

Therefore I will consult it with our second-tier team for the expert opinion and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 14, 2020 at 4:33 pm #5686463

wai-szeT

Hi Bigul,

Any update about the case? I received an email from WPML saying that the case will be closed if I do not response to the case. But I am still waiting for the update from your side. Thank you.

March 16, 2020 at 5:21 am #5690979

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

It is just an alert. Our second-tier team is still working on this issue. Somehow the Product Category Parent ID is not syncing to the translation. So as a workaround, for the time being, please choose product categories manually and update the translations. Please check the attached images and following link for more details.

hidden link

We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-03-16_1041.png
March 17, 2020 at 6:57 am #5698881

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Our compatibility team has escalated the ticket to our developers for fixing this bug. But we have one more workaround for this issue. Please try the following steps after a full site backup and let me know your feedback. This code modification will help us to sync the Product Category Parent ID in secondary languages.

1) Visit *wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/woocommerce/widgets* folder
2) Open *categories.php* file for edit
3) Scroll down to line 383
4) Make the following change in the code

From

$attributes['parent'] = $settings['parent'];

To

$attributes['parent'] = $settings['parent'];
$attributes['parent'] = apply_filters('wpml_object_id', $attributes['parent'], 'product_cat', true);

We will get back to you as early as possible when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 18, 2020 at 4:05 am #5707029

wai-szeT

Hi Bigul,
I would prefer waiting for the new fix plugin. Please let me know when the new fix plugin is available for update. Thank you.

April 2, 2020 at 3:48 pm #5824593

wai-szeT

Hi Bigul,
Is there any update about the case?

April 2, 2020 at 4:26 pm #5824763

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Our developers are still working on this issue. Right now we don't have the exact time frame required for the fix. So as a workaround, for the time being, you can update the hidden link page manually using Elementor and update the categories.

We will get back to you soon when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 2, 2020 at 4:29 pm #5824775

wai-szeT

Hi Bigul,
We can only update the default (English) page by Elementor. But when switch to other language, we cannot use Elementor to update it. Would you please specify how to use Elementor to update the page on each language?
Thanks.

April 2, 2020 at 4:44 pm #5824931

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I was able to edit hidden link page after the following steps.

1) Open hidden link page for edit in English
2) Switch to Chinese via dashboard language switcher
3) Click on *Edit anyway* button of Translation Editor alert box
4) Click on *Edit with Elementor* button
5) Update the Product Category widget and update the page in Elementor

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-04-02_2211.png
2020-04-02_2210.png
2020-04-02_2209.png
2020-04-02_2206.png
April 2, 2020 at 4:52 pm #5825039

wai-szeT

Hi Bigul,
Thank you for the information. The steps look good. Let me try it.
If there is new fix, please let me know.

July 31, 2021 at 11:09 am #9320073

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We are closing this ticket now. The bug is fixed in the latest version of WPML. Please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup{mandatory} and make sure the issue is existing or not.

If you still have similar issues, please feel free to open a new ticket. We are happy to help always. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Product Category not shown up in another language’ is closed to new replies.