This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 8:32 pm #2802005

ammarH

I am trying to:make my arabic product-category page look similar to english product-category page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

October 10, 2018 at 2:38 pm #2804853

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Can you please tell me what theme you are currently using? When I check your debug info, the theme field is blank. Make sure your translated page is using the correct template. You can check this by going to WPML -> Settings and switching to manual translation, then editing your page.

If those settings are correct, then it's possible this could be a theme conflict. To test this, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentySeventeen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

October 14, 2018 at 5:59 am #2815090

ammarH

Hi I tried it. after updating all plugins and changing theme to TwentySeventeen, the page worked fine. Now I don't understand how on english it is working for my theme but on arabic it does not work. Do I need to add anything to my theme to make it work for arabic?

October 15, 2018 at 1:27 pm #2817708

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Since it works in the default theme, it sounds like this is a theme compatibility issue. Is the theme you are using a commercial theme? If so, please send me a copy of the theme to download so I can install locally, as well as any contact information that you have for the author. If I am able to reproduce on a clean install, our compatibility team will get in touch with the theme author and suggest they join our Go Global program, so that we can help make the theme compatible.

If this is a custom theme and not for commercial use, then I suggest contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/ who will be able to assist you with custom work.

The topic ‘[Closed] product category page in arabic does not show products’ is closed to new replies.