This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4015187
giovanniD-22

Tell us what you are trying to do?

to get directly to the issues, see below...

But first my general problem:

The Main Language should be German, but most Plugins work with English.
I want WPML set up well before starting to create my products and translate them.

I'm trying to understand WPML with WooCommerce Multilingual with the help of the infinte cases and documentations already supported. But it si too complex at the beginning.

I couldn't find any workflow, what to start with and check for possible errors.

I dont understand the differences between categories, taxonomies, attributes, labels, slugs.

ISSUE 1) "product-category" slug in ENGLISH, even with DEUTSCH as Original-Language

I tried to change it under STRING-Translation.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

This seemend to be the most precise:

https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/falsche-original-sprache-bei-label-uebersetzung-in-woocommerce/

ISSUE 2) suddenly-SPANISH appears as original Language for a GERMAN word in kategories

ISSUE 3) I also have the product_type error ( image 3)

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

June 13, 2019 at 6:04 pm #4016123

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please check the following documentation to learn more about categories, taxonomies, and attributes.

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-product-taxonomies/

hidden link

Please try the following steps to translate the Product Category slug. Check the attached image and this documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/#enabling-custom-post-type-name-localization-in-wpml

1) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Slug translations, enable *Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation)* option
2) Scroll down to *Taxonomies Translation* section, click on *Set different slugs in different languages for Product categories* link
3) Translate the Product Category Slug
4) We can also translate the Product Category Slug from WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Store URLs

I have opened a new ticket for the other issues. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] "product-category" slug in ENGLISH, even with DEUTSCH as Original-Language’ is closed to new replies.