This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zsoltE-2 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 11:54 am #4387553

zsoltE-2

Hi,
I am developing a multilanguage Woocommerce site. Default language is Hungarian, second language is English.

I have the WC product-category widget. All categories are the children of 4 top category. In default language the widget works perfectly (see attachment).
In English, there are a few product category, which are not listed as children of other product categories.

I looked at in the admin: they have parents in English as well.
Each product categories have product in it.
Posts are synchronized with taxonomies.

You can test it on the given url.

Regards, Zsolt

August 13, 2019 at 8:27 pm #4390609

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Did you already try to run the WooCommerce Multilingual Troubleshooting Option in order to synchronized the products and product taxonomies? You can find the option at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status tab inside the right bottom corner.

In case this will not solve the issue and you are sure that everythig is looking translated correctly, we might be handling with a compatiblity issue, as you mentioned that the categories are based in another plugin.

Verify at WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomy Translation if the taxonomies are set to "translatable".

Check WPML -> Taxonomy Translation to see if all taxonomies are translated and synchronized proper. Use the dropdown to select the matching taxonomies.

If all this will not solve the issue please install the plugin used for creating the categories on the following site for further testing and if necessary I will escalate to our compatiblity team:

One Click Login: hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the site is ready for testing.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 14, 2019 at 4:22 am #4392255

zsoltE-2

Hi Andreas,

Everything seems ok. (see attachments)

I suppose, that is not a compatiblity issue because It had been worked perfectly yesterday morning.

The error is existing since yesterday morning. I made database backup at 07:10 and at 11:50. The first database results the correct widget (see attachment), and the second databse results the wrong (see attachment).

I also made a dbdiff between the two databases, but I am not able to find the difference which causes the error. I can send the difference log if it helps you.

Between the two dates I did not make any change in products or taxonomies. I only tested and set up Woocommerce.
The program files are the same.

I am looking forward to your contribution.

Regards, Zsolt

August 14, 2019 at 6:50 pm #4397083

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

August 15, 2019 at 11:54 am #4400537

zsoltE-2

I cannot add admin rights to the site, since it has been changed a lot and we are changing all the times. I made a duplicator package right after the error. I would give you the FTP link of this package in a private message.

In the meantime, I have found out, that the error is caused by WPML, filtering the terms with the 'get_term' filter (located in wp-includes/taxonomy.php). If I switch this filter off, the widget works fine.
Regards, Zsolt

August 15, 2019 at 3:03 pm #4401869

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I download link to a Duplicator package or FTP access would be great.

I have enabled the private message box, in order to provide the information.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 16, 2019 at 5:09 pm #4407689

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have to appologize as die to the default language and the huge amount of more than 300 categories it is not that easz to confirm if the Categorz Widget includes all the taxonomies in their respective groups, but I realized that the Widget had the option "Hide empty categories" activated. Once the option was disabled the Category Widget includes all the 4 parent categories and their hierarchy.

Please take note that there a still quiet a lot of products that have not been translated to English. This is whz the categories were not showing up while the option was enabled.

I hope his answered your question.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 19, 2019 at 4:42 am #4413561

zsoltE-2

Hi Andreas,
Thank you for your help. In Hungary these days are national holidays. I'll be back on wednesday.
Regards, Zsolt

August 19, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4418811

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Happy Holidays!

Feel free to get back on my answer as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 23, 2019 at 4:45 am #4444121

zsoltE-2

It was a great job. Thank you.