This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 9:38 am #4019969

ilanW

I update my stock using WPallimport. No other field is change. WPML changes all product to 'need update'.

Any explanation? Why the translation status changes after a simple stock update? Stock update will be done by a cron job every day. And of course it has nothing to do with translation.

Am I doing something wrong?

June 14, 2019 at 3:56 pm #4022889

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I don´t believe you are doing anything wrong. It is just that the system had detected a change in the original product , and is indicating that a possible update is required to the translated product. The system does not check if the granularity of change - e.g. if the custom field is set to translate or not...just that an update was executed.

I just tested this behaviour on my local server through the dashboard. When I change the stock level of a product in the original language and save the product...the indicator for "update translation" also appears in the Languages sidebar. (see image).

This does not affect the status of the translated product in the frontend. e.g. the stock value is synchronised and up-to-date

You can remove the "update required" by doing a product listing in the 2nd language and doing a bulk update to all products wihtout executing any changes.

Does this answer your question?

June 22, 2019 at 9:44 am #4070765

ilanW

I still need to check the bulk update way around it. But..... you said it does not affect the status of the translated product in the frontend. Well, it's true, stock value is synchronized, but there is a very strange thing. Let's say I have a variable product with 2 variables. Once I update the price, the translated language sees 4 variables (duplicates the variables) - see image 1. This doesn't really bother me in the single product page, but in the catalog page where I also use swatches for the variables, instead of seeing two swatches I see 4 (see image 2) and this is really annoying, the page looks horrible, and of course it may confuse customers.
Once I update the translated language it goes back to normal....

June 25, 2019 at 9:01 am #4082477

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I am not able to replicate this behaviour on my test site. So I created a new sandbox site where I kindly ask you to recreate the behvaiour you are describing:
hidden link

In my system as well as in the sandbox site, a change in the price of the variation of a variable product does NOT trigger an "update needed" status.

If you manage to replicate the behaviour here, please write back with steps on what I need to do to see the problem.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Product change to need update after a stock update’ is closed to new replies.