This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wesleyL-3 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 7:53 am #4132763

wesleyL-3

I have fixed the checkout error problem on staging website(hidden link).
And I have delivered my all works into live site(hidden link).
Live site is alike with staging site in wpml setting. I have already checked those detail several times.
But Live site has checkout error still. very strange. I think this is your wpml plugin problem sure.
I hope you will help me as soon as possible. Because our current problem is urgent really.
Many thanks.

July 3, 2019 at 8:57 am #4133593

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

We received a note that this issue is being handled through chat, let me know if otherwise.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 3, 2019 at 9:00 am #4133631

wesleyL-3

Hello, Bruno. can you support this problem without live site source?

July 3, 2019 at 9:09 am #4133717

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean - you mean to debug the problem without having any access to your production site? I'm afraid that this will be very difficult, especially since you mentioned that it works on your staging site with the same settings.

Perhaps you need to open original products and click "Update on these", so that translated products pickup updated XML information and this would include stock.

You can also try would WooCommerce - WooCommerce multilingual - status - troubleshooting -
Sync product stock quantity and status ( synchronizing min stock between translations ).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 3, 2019 at 9:13 am #4133819

wesleyL-3

then I will produce the staging site with live site source. then you can check the problem there.
How about my idea?

July 3, 2019 at 9:20 am #4133873

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

That sounds like a good idea. I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add wp-admin information for the staging site.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 3, 2019 at 9:24 am #4133893

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(marking next reply as private)

July 3, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4138099

wesleyL-3

Hello, Bruno. very strange. I have imported live site source into staging site.
And staging site is working now well.
what reason? very strange!
Do you know what reason this is?

July 4, 2019 at 6:22 am #4140423

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

If you performed 1:1 clone, then I'm afraid that I don't have many answers for you. I believe that you should be looking in the server configuration now, checking what are the differences between live and staging servers. Things like:
- caching systems (they tend to create issues on production sites that are no visible on staging)
- maybe PHP version or some rewrite rules

I would definitely start looking into caching and either clear it or disabling it. I'm not sure if you can manage this part - perhaps you should ask for hosting support to do this for you.

As a last resort, you may also consider mapping your domain to the staging site (you also need to ask your hosting provider to assist with this, and also domain register). What do I mean by this? This means that you would load your site from staging in fact, even though the URL to remain the same.

hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 4, 2019 at 6:52 am #4140527

wesleyL-3

Staging and Live sites are on same hosting server. we are using subdomain of live site for staging site.

July 4, 2019 at 7:25 am #4140735

wesleyL-3

and I have cleared all cache of website and already disabled cache system too.

July 4, 2019 at 7:25 am #4140739

wesleyL-3

Also I have checked PHP version and it is same with staging site.

July 4, 2019 at 8:02 am #4141039

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - I guess I only suggest domain mapping than. Did you consider that option?

Just to confirm - we cannot have any access to the live website, correct? I'm talking about WordPress access and FTP access.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 4, 2019 at 8:11 am #4141093

wesleyL-3

are you going to check .htaccess file?
Sorry but we can not support live site login info and FTP info.
But if you notice what we should check, I will check those detail.

July 4, 2019 at 8:58 am #4141451

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

What about CDN - are you using this perhaps for the production site? Maybe CDN has some sort of caching inside. There is something else we might consider - migrating your site to our Cloudways server, which has no caching of any kind, not even server-side caching.

Would you consider migrating your site there? Perhaps the issue will be visible there where we can debug further.

Regards,
Bruno Kos