This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WooCommerce Product Attributes (colors) are not translated.

Solution: In order for product translation to show up they will need to be translated to 100% the first tiem they are getting translated. Further adjust the multilingual content setup settings on the product editor. The custom fields will need to be set to "translate".

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fotisH 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 1:43 pm

fotisH

Hello,

I'd like your help please on the following issue:

Please, have a look at this product page here:

hidden link

You'll see 2 fields of colors, one for the text names and one the images. If you switch to a different language, these fields are not filled out.

The above issue appears only in some products, when others are working properly, like the following one:

hidden link

What can be the reason for this issue? Please, note that the 2 above products have same setup and all WPML plugins are updated to latest versions.

Thank you in advance,

May 7, 2019 at 9:35 pm #3762149

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

IN order for product translation to show up they will need to be translated to 100% the first tiem they are getting translated.

I have further adjusted the multilingual content setup settings for each product. The custom fields for colors and others were not set to "translate".

Once your products are completely translated please verifiy if the issue persists.

Also please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual and check the "Status" tab. Here you will find important information about the status of your translations. Then inside the right corner you will find the options for "troubleshooting" where you should be able to sync products, taxonomies, currencies and store URLs.

For example you will see that the product permalink base for French is not translated yet, which is elementary for translating the products. INside the troubleshoot options zou will also see that there are currently 65 product variations based on attributes that are not synced yet.

Please complete the translations and the troubleshoot options mentioned above and let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 10, 2019 at 7:58 am #3782087

fotisH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!