Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dianaR 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 22, 2020 at 12:52 pm #7069643

dianaR

I notice that product descriptions in foreign languages disappeared, see for example this product in the main language (IT):
hidden link

it always had translations but now there are not any more ... 🙁

September 22, 2020 at 7:47 pm #7073099

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello

I just visited the URL you provided and I was able to switch between langauges without any issue. Have you perhaps fixed the issue yourself?

Or did you revert your plugins to a previous level? Or possible restored a backup?

If there is still an issue, please include screenshots of what you are seeing / describing .

Thanks

September 23, 2020 at 11:17 am #7079099

dianaR

Hi Yvette!
Please have a look:

hidden link

the description in the foreign languages is not there ... but it was there and I did nothing... 🙁

September 23, 2020 at 2:14 pm #7081269

Yvette
Supporter

OK - I see now.

1. are the descriptions still there in the backend?
2. Which translation editor do you use - the Classic Translation Editor, the Advanced Translation Editor, or the native Worpdress editor?

3. If you open up one of the translated products now in the backend within one of the above editors, do the taxonomy translations show up as if they need to be translated?

This may be related to this errata - but I´m not sure:
https://wpml.org/errata/taxonomy-terms-description-or-meta-keeps-appearing-in-advanced-translation-editor-or-xliff-files/

September 28, 2020 at 1:31 pm #7115349

dianaR

hi!

I usually open the original product, change language and then "edit product" (so I think it's the native WP editor). In fact, there's no description in the foreign language and also no description field in the translator editor: hidden link

September 28, 2020 at 2:07 pm #7115559

Yvette
Supporter

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

October 1, 2020 at 11:05 am #7142933

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Right now, it appears that there is content for the DE view of this product. Do you see the same?

Is there another product that is having the issue?

October 5, 2020 at 8:31 am #7163071

dianaR

Hi!
I don't see the description tab, do you see it? See: hidden link

October 5, 2020 at 9:39 am #7163619

Yvette
Supporter

Try now.

SInce you were using Elegant Theme shortcodes, it was necessary to get those to transfer.

I had to make sure the editor was in "Divi builder" mode. Updated the original product. Then updated the translations with the Translation Editor.

Now it seems that all tabs are showing in all languages.

October 5, 2020 at 10:50 am #7164381

dianaR

I see. Thanks. Now translations are not shown (the text is in the original language even for the foreign languages). Should I re-translate the text? Did the translations went lost?

October 5, 2020 at 11:44 am #7164675

Yvette
Supporter

I´m sorry but I did not take close note of the actual content but just if the tabs showed up or not.

I just checked the EN product and it was showing up correctly.

Hmmm - I am not sure how the Elegant Theme shortcodes are actually working. The translated desciption content is showing...but the shortcode is still picking up the IT product desciption.

It looks like you are using a layout or template of some kind for product display. When I attempt to make a new product in ES (not a translation), the layout automtically comes up.

Which layout is this?
Please check that you have translated this to all target languages.

I wait for your clarifications on this topic.

October 6, 2020 at 10:22 am #7171823

dianaR

Uhm that's so strange.
Now see what it happens. I put my own german text in the long description text, update the product.. and all product contents disappeared:
hidden link

and in the admin area, in the long description, the Italian text is there, even If I wrote the german text and updated the product.

October 6, 2020 at 12:28 pm #7173183

Yvette
Supporter

I believe it has to do with the product template that you are using.

Could you please give me more information on where this template/layout is defined? Then we can see if it is properly translated.

October 12, 2020 at 1:02 pm #7212541

dianaR

Hi Yvette, sorry for my late answer. I fixed the page layout. Now we should fix all "Description Tab" translations.

the Layout is defined inside each product. The element where the description is, is the "Woo Tabs", see here: hidden link

October 13, 2020 at 8:52 am #7217327

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Please provide a product that is demonstrating the issue.

From what I recall, you need to activate the Divi builder when you translate the product so that the actual shortcodes get transferred to the translated product.

Are you using layouts for products single view? The same thing I wrote before applies: you should translate the layout to all target langauges using the Translation Management dashboard.

I see many layouts that are defined but not translated.