Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.28 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 9:15 am #4670073

maxL-15

hidden link

The description of the .nl domain is gone for this specific product. In other languages, it is shown correctly. I tried updating it but it is still hidden. How can we fix this?

October 1, 2019 at 5:59 pm #4674533

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Can you please confirm if you see the product short description content in the backend? Here is how you can confirm it:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Products settings click to edit the mentioned plugin and switch the dutch language.

2 - Now, check if the product short description is visible in the product editing screen, if not, please manually enter it and take a look at the product frontend again.

Please, let me know if it fixes your issue, have a nice day.

October 1, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4675027

maxL-15

Sorry, what are you meaning by: click to edit the mentioned plugin and switch the dutch language?? What has a plugin to do with this?

October 1, 2019 at 7:10 pm #4675029

maxL-15

If you are asking me to check if there is a description in the product, then Yes there is a description. A short and long one. It all looks fine.

October 1, 2019 at 7:17 pm #4675039

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant 'click to edit the mentioned product and switch the dutch language'. If there's a description for your product and it doesn't show in the website frontend, then we need an additional investigation here, for that, please consider:

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

October 3, 2019 at 7:02 pm #4690905

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a detailed look for the mentioned product description in your edit product admin section and noticed there was a lot of html markup not really needed to present the description and it seemed to be the cause of the issue as HTML output in most cases are stripped as PHP code output in your theme files.

I removed the extra markup and use just the standard ones exactly as it is in the english product desciption, now it is working properly as you can confirm at: hidden link.

Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.