This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The products are displayed in the default language on the other language, and I only want to show translated products.

Solution:

the option 'Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to the original language' is selected in WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation. If so, then please change it to 'Translatable - only show translated items' and save the settings.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by seand-4 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 11:13 am #4320983

seand-4

I am trying to:

The Audi A3 Boot Mat is only created in English :

hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

When you switch to German or French :

hidden link

hidden link

Instead, I got:

The English Product is displaying on these Cats - even though the product has not been created in those languages from the Default English one. We don't want this product to show
in the other languages - only the English ones?

August 1, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4323423

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I think that this is happening on your site because that the option 'Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to the original language' is selected in WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation. If so, then please change it to 'Translatable - only show translated items' and save the settings. Then it should fix the issue. You can read more about this option here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/
Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

Please

August 2, 2019 at 10:17 am #4328875

seand-4

Hi Itamar,

The settings in that section for Posts and pages are both set to :

Translatable - only show translated items.

Can I private message you access to the wordpress so you can take a look?

Thanks...

August 2, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4330037

seand-4

Hi Itamar,

I figured it out - it was a woocommerce product so I needed to set the Products to that value also.

Thanks for you help.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!