Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.31 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 10, 2018 at 7:00 am #1542381

teameK

Error massage :
Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Translation name cannot be empty in /procarvis/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php:107 Stack trace: #0 /procarvis/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php(44): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->validate_values('530052', '', 'wc-frontend-man...') #1 /procarvis/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/class-wpml-st-page-translations-persist.php(107): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->__construct('530052', '', 'wc-frontend-man...', '', false, '') #2 [internal function]: WPML_ST_Page_Translations_Persist->create_translation_from_db_record(Array) #3 /procarvis/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/class-wpml-st-page-translations-persist.php(51): array_map(Array, Array) #4 /procarvis/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/class-wpml-st-page-t in /procarvis/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 107

What is the link to your site? hidden link

March 10, 2018 at 7:19 am #1542386

teameK

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-exception-invalidargumentexception-translation-name-cannot-be-empty/

-------------------------------
As a workaround, you can go to: \plugins\wpml-string-translation\classes\filters\db-cache\class-wpml-st-page-translation.php
and there near the bottom in the function: validate_values()
You can comment out the code:

if ( empty( $name ) ) {
// throw new InvalidArgumentException( 'Translation name cannot be empty' );
}
-------------------------------

Is this the correct solution?

March 12, 2018 at 3:00 pm #1543713

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

It may be happening because some string was saved without the name. Please try the following steps after a full site backup and check the bug is existing or not.

1) Check what is the string ID that is incorrect, it will be displayed in the error message.

WPML_ST_Page_Translation->validate_values('530052', '', 'wc-frontend-man...')

2) Then open your database manager(for an example PHPMyAdmin)
3) Choose *_icl_strings* table
4) Locate ID *530052* and delete the row

If you are still having the issues, please let me know the following for tracking the bug.

1) Please share me the steps to reproduce the issue on your site

2) To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] product .. .. Error’ is closed to new replies.