Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by justinianJ 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 12, 2019 at 5:59 am #3595017

justinianJ

Hi, i’m confused about using WMPL with woocommerce.

We have two languages: English EN (Default) and Chinese CN.

1. Product in different languages have different product ID. how can EN / CN products have the same ID? Important as we need to generate reports based on product ID and worried that stock quantities are all wrong (i.e. EN / CN products are for the same stock item, since different product id then stock levels in different languages wont update the product levels?).
2. Orders in EN & CN have same order idea. Good. No conflict there.
3. Bookings in EN & CN have different booking ID’s. if we update a booking in EN it does not update booking in CN. how can bookings be in sync. this is a big problem.

Please help as our orders are getting in a mess.

1. Can Products / stock levels be sync’d between different languages
2. Can Bookings be sync’d between different language.

If not can we turn off woocommerce multilingual and just run one language (EN/CN together) for woocommerce and WMPL for the rest of the site (posts / pages)?

Thanks.

April 12, 2019 at 10:50 am #3597717

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I have set the booking custom fields to copy,

Update any old Booking product and its translation, Check if they are in sync.

Let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

April 12, 2019 at 11:48 pm #3602373

justinianJ

Hi, thanks for the update. still issue with dates between translation not sync'd.

I Setup new product:
hidden link

Translate product:
hidden link

Add a booking:
hidden link

Customer: myself
Bookable Product: jj_test_2
Create Order: create a new corresponding order
Set date to 13th
Set to confirmed.

View Booking
hidden link

change booking to different date: 14th

Switch to chinese: date shown 13th

hidden link

so dates still not sync’d. if i change other things in english like booking status or number guests then they are sync’d between languages.

April 15, 2019 at 4:15 am #3609677

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Thanks for the update, I have set the custom fields _booking_date_start and _booking_date_end to copy to translation, Now the dates are updated properly when the booking is updated.

I have created a screencast of the fixed results please verify hidden link

I hope the issue is fixed now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

April 15, 2019 at 11:07 pm #3616867

justinianJ

It seems to work on products which have a translation. for those products that dont have a translation, it does not work. guess that is logical. Thanks for the support. much appreciated.

April 15, 2019 at 11:07 pm #3616869

justinianJ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!