This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tihomirM 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 9:17 am #4445637

tihomirM

This is the previous ticket.

Diego Pereira : Hello, welcome to the WPML support chat 🙂

Let me take a look at the description of the issue, 1min
Diego Pereira : It\'s possible to use the manual editor to change the image on the translation:
- Go to Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Settings
- On the \"Product Translation Interface\", select the \"Native WooCommerce product editing screen\" option
- Click on the \"Save changes\" button
- Go to the edit screen of the product (original language).
- Change the language using the Language switcher at the top admin bar
- Change the image and save
Diego Pereira : Due to inactivity, I will close this chat. If you need more help, please open a new chat or ticket and we\'ll be happy to help. Have a nice day! 🙂

My question is:
I get the message that if I use another CRM for editing product pages I shouldn't change to native.
If I change it will I lose all the information?
I use divi and 3rd party plugin for product pages.
Best regards,
Tihomir

August 23, 2019 at 11:11 am #4446281

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello and welcome to our support forum.
I'll do my best to help you solv this problem.

I believe what my colleague intended to say was that you could switch off our translation editor (through the switch in the "language" section of the product page or through the setting he mentioned) and then manually change the image in the other languages by switching to them through the language switcher on the wordpress top bar.
It shouldn't affect anything on Divi or third party plugins.

You could also use media translation to translate the image so it shows a different one depending on the language as explained here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Let me know of this helps you and if not, please give me more information on what you'd like to achieve so I can know how to proceed.

Regards.

August 27, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4467981

tihomirM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!