Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by edens 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 24, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4451733

edens

Hello, i am using a plugin called advanced woo search.
The plugin add a feature that when a search is being made the customer can also see the photo of the product in the search.

This feature is working correctly in my main language (English),
but for some reason when i switch to another language and try to make search in my website the product images are not shown.

I have added you 2 screenshots so you can understand it better.
My website is edgift4u.com

August 25, 2019 at 3:48 pm #4454335

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

Can you tell me if this is the plugin that you're using https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-woo-search/, please? I just want to make sure that I'm using the same plugin on my side while running some tests on it. If this is the plugin, you can see that this is not a part of the WPML compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) so there might be some issues with WPML. This is why I want to run some tests first.

Thanks,
Radu

August 25, 2019 at 4:12 pm #4454533

edens

yes thats the one!

August 26, 2019 at 1:14 pm #4459091

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I checked this plugin on my side. I used the [aws_search_form] shortcode inside of a page and the images are showing well on the secondary language too. Can you try to use the shortcode on a page, just for a test, and tell me if things are different now, please?

If the issue is still available, please deactivate all the plugin except for WPML (and its add-ons) and Advanced Woo Search, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me how things work this time. This is what I'm using and, as I said, things work well.

Thanks,
Radu

August 26, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4459131

edens

I am sorry how do i put a shortcode inside a page?
I am not very good with coding...

August 26, 2019 at 1:35 pm #4459255

edens

Can i give you access details so you will try and do it?

August 27, 2019 at 11:00 am #4465433

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

All you have to do is create a new page, add this [aws_search_form] to it (just copy/paste), save the page, and translate it (make sure that the shortcode is on the translation too). Once you did this, please check both pages (original and the translated one), and see if the product images are still missing. Please try this out and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

August 27, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4468489

edens

I have tried it,
And again same problem happened

August 29, 2019 at 10:03 am #4479727

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Could you send me a link to the page where you added the shortcode as I mentioned in my previous message, please?

I made one more test on my website and it still works fine for me. This is why I would like to have a look at the page where you added the shortcode and see what's different (on the page structure).

Thanks,
Radu

August 29, 2019 at 10:06 am #4479737

edens

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!