Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 85 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 20, 2022 at 10:27 am #11264625

ingeB

Hi, we have a website in 3 languages (will be more in the future) with the WPML plugin.
I noticed that sometimes when a customer makes an order, for example, on the Dutch part of the website, the confirmation email that the customer receives with their order has the product in a different language and not in the Dutch language. This also happens with the German and English part of the website.
Mostly it works ok, but sometimes the product language get mixed up.

Is there a similar example that we can see? I will upload a Dutch (Nederlands) confirmation. Suddenly the product item is in English and this should be in Dutch.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-20 om 12.25.48.png
May 22, 2022 at 6:01 pm #11274269

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

You might be facing a known issue that we have. Please read about it at the following link and apply the suggested workaround.

https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-e-mails-are-always-sent-in-default-language-for-any-admin-order-status-change/

You can also try to update our plugins to their latest versions and see if the problem persists.

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

Regards,
Itamar.

May 25, 2022 at 9:11 am #11301595

ingeB

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I am going to do the workaround and I will let you know if it works.
Thanks.

Best,
Inge

May 25, 2022 at 10:32 am #11302851

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks, Inge.

I'll wait for your reply.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 27, 2022 at 8:37 am #11323887

ingeB

Dear Itamar,

Can you please clarify the steps we have to take?
Because it is really not clear which files we need to have...

Thanks.

Best,
Inge

May 28, 2022 at 5:46 pm #11334437

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Inge.

Please update WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency (our bridge plugin for WooCommerce) to its latest version, 5.0.0. Then check if the problem persists. Here are the steps I recommend you take.

1. Take a complete backup of your site in case something goes wrong.

2. Update WordPress to its latest version.

3. Update WooCommerce to its latest version.

4. Update WPML and String Translation to their latest versions.

5. Update WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency to its latest version (5.0.0).

6. Check if the problem pesists.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

You can read about installing and updating our plugins at the following link.

If the problem persists, please let me access your site, and I'll check things further. Please let me have FTP access and allow me to install the Adminer script (hidden link), so I check the DB of your site.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 30, 2022 at 8:41 am #11340499

ingeB

Dear Itamar,

Thank you for your reply.
We checked, but we have version 4.5.7 with the plugin and there are no updates, so how should we get version 5.0.0?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Inge

May 30, 2022 at 10:18 am #11341987

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Inge.

WPML Multilingual CMS (our core plugin) latest version is 4.5.7. So you have the latest version on your site. Nevertheless, I was referring to the version of WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency (our bridge plugin for WooCommerce). This should also be updated on your site, and the latest version is 5.0.0.

To check for the latest versions of our plugins, go to this URL on your site hidden link and press the 'Check for updates' button. This is what we explain in our guide here.

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#wpml-4-2-8

Regards,
Itamar.

May 31, 2022 at 9:26 am #11351377

ingeB

Dear Itamar,

Everything was already up to date. We updated the WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency to even a newer version: 5.0.1.
With this the problem will be solved?

In your first reply you wrote the following:
Hi,

You might be facing a known issue that we have. Please read about it at the following link and apply the suggested workaround.

https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-e-mails-are-always-sent-in-default-language-for-any-admin-order-status-change/

You can also try to update our plugins to their latest versions and see if the problem persists.

Is the problem I am facing integrated in the plugin update?

Best,
Inge

May 31, 2022 at 10:35 am #11352063

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Inge.

In our internal documentation, I can see that the problem mentioned on the errata page is solved with WooCommerce Multilingual 5.0.0. The errata is still marked as open. So I'm asking our developers to clarify this. I'll update you here.

Meanwhile, can you please test if the problem persists after updating our plugins?

Regards,
Itamar.

May 31, 2022 at 11:09 am #11352395

ingeB

Hi Itamar,

I made some tests and it looks ok. Before it was also sometimes going well and sometimes not. I will wait a couple of days to see if it is really working.

Thanks for your help so far.

Best,
Inge

May 31, 2022 at 11:11 am #11352399

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks.

I'll wait to hear if you need more help or if it's solved.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 11, 2022 at 2:26 pm #11440197

ingeB

Hi Itamar,

I just noticed that it is still not working correctly.
Can you please help?

Thanks.

Regards,
Inge

June 12, 2022 at 10:44 am #11442571

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Inge

Please let me access your site so I can check this issue. Please explain to me where and how to see this problem. I may need to replicate the problem. For this, I need your permission to create an order from your site. In addition, please allow me to install an email log plugin such as this one.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-log/

This will allow me to view the outgoing emails and see the problem.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 13, 2022 at 10:08 am #11447663

ingeB

Dear Itamar,

Thank you for your message.
The problem is only visible when somebody places an order with us. The confirmation they receive has sometimes the productname in a different language. I attached a print screen of an order (see image). The customer is from Ireland, but the productname is in Dutch, while he ordered this product through the English website. This is the confirmation that we receive and it is correct the confirmation that we receive is in Dutch, but the productname should be in the language of the website.

I made a temporarily login for the website:
--removed by supporter--

I hope you can solve the problem!

Regards,
Inge

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-13 om 12.05.33.png

The topic ‘[Closed] Product language mixed up’ is closed to new replies.